xp compatability check hangs on dvd movie player

No dvd drive, no dvd software installed windows xp home upgrade hangs on
processing file.....dvd movie player. Have done google searches and have
found some people having similiar issues with no posted resolution. Please
help....Thanks in advance....Tom

MS Antispy software, and FAQ - Download MS anti-spyware beta :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en and read the FAQ -

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
..
"frassman needs help" <frassmanneedshelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> No dvd drive, no dvd software installed windows xp home upgrade hangs on
> processing file.....dvd movie player. Have done google searches and have
> found some people having similiar issues with no posted resolution. Please
> help....Thanks in advance....Tom

My major problem Mark is that I cannot install windows xp. It hangs when
doing something with dvd software. Thanks Tom.....this happen as well if I
run the compatibility check on it. I have also disabled all startup stuff

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> MS Antispy software, and FAQ - Download MS anti-spyware beta :
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en and read the FAQ -

> Mark L. Ferguson
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "frassman needs help" <frassmanneedshelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > No dvd drive, no dvd software installed windows xp home upgrade hangs on
> > processing file.....dvd movie player. Have done google searches and have
> > found some people having similiar issues with no posted resolution. Please
> > help....Thanks in advance....Tom

If an Upgrade setup fails, you are going to have to settle for an attempt at "last known good configuration, and if no help, maybe a
system restore from "Safe Mode with Command Prompt", and if not possible, an install to a new folder for windows, with 'taking
ownership" of the old data.

Boot and press F8 for the safe mode menu,
(or)
install XP to a new folder : run setup CD for XP, "New Instillation" from drop box) Put in Key, and choose the "Advanced Options"
button to choose the folder,
(Use "Recovery" disk, if PreInstalled version)