TECH: Monitor horizontal hold issue

I've got a monitor that begins to lose the horizontal after about 40
minutes of being powered up. It will start to get a little jumpy and
then shift 1-2 inches to the right. I know this has probably been
discussed a thousand times, but I couldn't find my specific problem via
google. Can anyone help or send me a link???

Thanks,
Bob

Has it had a capkit installed recently? If not then do it pronto. Also
look for bad solder joints.

RJ

Also check, after the cap kit and resolder job the Horz pot(s) on
either the sub board or monitor chasie. I am running into dirty pots
that are causing the problem you describe. You can use a cleaner on
them or I just replace them for the $2 to 3$ they cost.

RJ