Remote Assitance problem

When I try to connect to a friend's computer after he has asked for
remote assistance, I get an initial connection, then see a large black
rectangle on his desktop followed by a flash of the Microsoft logo, then
an error pops up that says:

fsSTART() Generated error 481,"Invalid Picture", inside Failsafe.Bas

We used to be able to do remote assistance and neither one of us has any
idea what has changed or what has gotten corrupted. He is able to
connect to and run my computer if we reverse the process.

I'm also having trouble connecting to my brother via remote access but
I'll leave that problem for another time. His machine is a nightmare of
corruption I believe.

MS Antispy software, and FAQ - Download MS anti-spyware beta :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en and read the FAQ -

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
..