I have a Windows XP Pro SP2 desktop that will not apply style sheets to
web pages. I installed Firefox and it renders pages as expected. I have
completely cleaned the machine with Spybot, MS Antispyware and Spy
Sweeper. It found a number of items and successfully cleaned them all. I
also have scanned the machine for viruses and it is clean. I have tried
reinstalling IE6 and XP SP2 and it did not resolve the issue. I have
also run the system file checker.

Has anyone seen this before? Any recommendations on how to best resolve
this issue?

All my Googling has turned up sites related to CSS development as it
relates to IE. I can't seem to find the right search terms to find any
useful pages.

- Frank

there are two possibilities: you could try
- reinstall IE6 from Microsoft website or some CD after uninstall IE6 ( if
you could, hint told OS to use third party browser first)
- window repair and reapply all patches
the last one is somewhat drastic and time consuming