inaccessable files, xp home edition

Due to problems with Internet Explorer, I had to reinstall XP home edition.
What I never thought about was that my daughter had a password for her
account.
Now we are unable to access her old files in "documents and settings"
Can anyone help me get to these files? Remember I use Home Edition where I
am unable to turn off the simple file sharing.
--
Best regards
Jørn

map

Jørn H wrote:
> Due to problems with Internet Explorer, I had to reinstall XP home
> edition. What I never thought about was that my daughter had a
> password for her account.
> Now we are unable to access her old files in "documents and settings"
> Can anyone help me get to these files? Remember I use Home Edition
> where I am unable to turn off the simple file sharing.

You need to take ownership of the files.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

--
Mike Pawlak