can't login into window

Hi Guys,
i am in desperate need of help, for some reason I can't log into my windows.
I am using windows Xp and when I enter the Welcome / Login Screen I can't go
any further than this. I click on my account, it says 'Loading personal
Settings' and then ito go back to the login screen and says 'logging off'...
'saving settings'. this is really fustrating. I am on a network card so I can
still access my files. Could some one please help.

Thanks muchly

--
regards

Daniel

"danielcanil" <danielcanil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
> i am in desperate need of help, for some reason I can't log into my
> windows.
> I am using windows Xp and when I enter the Welcome / Login Screen I
> can't go
> any further than this. I click on my account, it says 'Loading
> personal
> Settings' and then ito go back to the login screen and says 'logging
> off'...
> 'saving settings'. this is really fustrating. I am on a network card
> so I can
> still access my files. Could some one please help.

Cause:
Windows SA replaces userinit.exe used in logon with its own
wsaupdater.exe.
But uninstalling doesn't revert it back.

some adaware programs may also remove or quarantine wsaupdater.exe
thinking
that it's harmful.

Fix:
1. Boot the computer using your winxp cd.
2. Press r to enter the Recovery Console when required.
3. At the command prompt type:

cd system32

4. Then type:

copy userinit.exe wsaupdater.exe

5. Then type:

exit

Reboot normally. You should now be able to logon. But you're not done
yet.

6. Run regedit (start>run>regedit)

7. Locate the "Userinit" key in:

NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\

8. modify the entry:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\wsaupdater.exe,

so that it reads:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\userinit.exe,

Note: Make sure the comma (,) is included at the end of userinit.exe

--
William