Lost DSL Connection After Installation

To solve a CD-ROM problem, Microsoft E-mail Tech Support instructed me to
repair my XP installation by booting from the XP CD-ROM. After the
installation completed, the problem I was trying to solve still existed and
I had an additional problem which didn't exist before...My DSL and dial-up
connections are gone and I can't reestablish them because, in the New
Connection Wizard, the first 2 choices are grayed out and can't be selected.
These choices are:

Connect using a dial-up modem

(and) Connect using a broadband connection that requires a username and
password

These are the 2 choices I need. Unfortunately, I've been unable to secure a
response from Microsoft about this situation for the last 36 hours so I'm
not sure how to get my connections back. Can anyone help?
1 answer Last reply
More about lost connection installation

    Modify your XP installation, and amongst the components check for
    internet/connection type components, that may not have been installed

    "Nick Cellino" <mechanic123@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > To solve a CD-ROM problem, Microsoft E-mail Tech Support instructed me to
    > repair my XP installation by booting from the XP CD-ROM. After the
    > installation completed, the problem I was trying to solve still existed
    and
    > I had an additional problem which didn't exist before...My DSL and dial-up
    > connections are gone and I can't reestablish them because, in the New
    > Connection Wizard, the first 2 choices are grayed out and can't be
    selected.
    > These choices are:
    >
    > Connect using a dial-up modem
    >
    > (and) Connect using a broadband connection that requires a username and
    > password
    >
    > These are the 2 choices I need. Unfortunately, I've been unable to secure
    > response from Microsoft about this situation for the last 36 hours so I'm
    > not sure how to get my connections back. Can anyone help?

Microsoft CD-Rom Connection Support Windows XP