Nice one, Arsenal

Gutted, but that is football. Reyes was a cunt, a useless one at that.
Apart from that, well done. Lehman was brilliant.

Well done, enjoy the feeling!

--
PG
23 answers Last reply

    PivotalG wrote:
    > Gutted, but that is football. Reyes was a cunt, a useless one at that.
    > Apart from that, well done. Lehman was brilliant.
    >
    > Well done, enjoy the feeling!

    I feel for you mate, Lehmann was the only reason it got to penalties, the
    rest of the Arsenal team forgot to turn up. A great game to watch for us
    neutrals.

    --
    Hamish

    Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well
    you bounce.

    "Hamish" <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom> wrote in

    > PivotalG wrote:
    >> Gutted, but that is football. Reyes was a cunt, a useless one at
    >> that. Apart from that, well done. Lehman was brilliant.
    >>
    >> Well done, enjoy the feeling!
    >
    > I feel for you mate, Lehmann was the only reason it got to
    > penalties, the rest of the Arsenal team forgot to turn up. A
    > great game to watch for us neutrals.

    Damn right, brilliant advert for the FA Cup. Lehman was superb
    throughout, he deserves his medal and more. United were great, I
    couldn't ask for more. I'm sure they'll be back.

    We can't grumble, it has happened before, Bayern can vouch for that.
    Oh, and to put the BBC commentary right, the referee was awful, did
    the best to ruin a great tie.

    --
    PG

    PivotalG wrote:
    > "Hamish" <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom> wrote in
    >
    >> PivotalG wrote:
    >>> Gutted, but that is football. Reyes was a cunt, a useless one at
    >>> that. Apart from that, well done. Lehman was brilliant.
    >>>
    >>> Well done, enjoy the feeling!
    >>
    >> I feel for you mate, Lehmann was the only reason it got to
    >> penalties, the rest of the Arsenal team forgot to turn up. A
    >> great game to watch for us neutrals.
    >
    > Damn right, brilliant advert for the FA Cup. Lehman was superb
    > throughout, he deserves his medal and more.

    For me Lehmann was man of the match.

    >United were great, I
    > couldn't ask for more. I'm sure they'll be back.

    I'm sure you will.

    > We can't grumble, it has happened before, Bayern can vouch for that.
    > Oh, and to put the BBC commentary right, the referee was awful, did
    > the best to ruin a great tie.

    I thought Styles had a good game, not brilliant, not bad, but good got all
    the big decisions right, as far as I saw anyway ;-)

    --

    "Hamish" <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom> wrote in message
    > PivotalG wrote:
    >> "Hamish" <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom> wrote in

    >>> I feel for you mate, Lehmann was the only reason it got to
    >>> penalties, the rest of the Arsenal team forgot to turn up. A
    >>> great game to watch for us neutrals.
    >>
    >> Damn right, brilliant advert for the FA Cup. Lehman was superb
    >> throughout, he deserves his medal and more.
    >
    > For me Lehmann was man of the match.

    Yep Lehmann shoulda been Man of match, yes rooney took ALL the shots that
    were going in, but Lehmann was the reason Arsenal won in the end, and the
    reason man U lost. But that's football also.

    Lauren and Reyes both deserved to see red. And i don't see why Reyes was
    allowed to get a medal....

    --
    `Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;

    Admin of one of the best FM sites around:
    http://www.fmunderground.net/

    View my Story / Poem profile on :
    http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/user_id/shadowalk

    "PivotalG" <pivotalgubbins@nospamsent.com> wrote in message
    > Gutted, but that is football. Reyes was a cunt, a useless one at that.
    > Apart from that, well done. Lehman was brilliant.
    >
    > Well done, enjoy the feeling!

    When you've got a German goalkeeper I guess your quite glad to get to
    penalties. He did make a good case for his continuing presence as Arsenal
    no.1 and if I had to pick a gunner for MOM it'd be him. I'd probably pick
    Ronaldo for MOM and this time I didn't even laugh at him crying.

    As a neautral I found the game pretty entertaining which is what you want if
    your neuatral. Utd looked the better team on the day, but I wouldn't say
    they deserved to win more because when there aren't contraversial decisions
    or complete fluke goals I'd say the team that does win deserved to win.
    Arsenal rarely looked like scoring and spent most of the match on the back
    foot. But they didn't concede and they did win. So congrats to them.

    --
    Fil

    "Hamish" <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom> wrote in message

    > I thought Styles had a good game, not brilliant, not bad, but good got all
    > the big decisions right, as far as I saw anyway ;-)

    I thought he did a bloody good job to be honest. He didn't let anyone
    intimidate him, he tried not to ruin the specatacle by being overly harsh
    and he managed to stay neautral. It's easy to point fingers at the ref when
    you loose, but I saw him give just as many breaks to Man Utd as he did to
    Arsenal.

    --
    Fil

    Hamish wrote:
    > PivotalG wrote:
    >
    >>"Hamish" <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom> wrote in

    >>>I feel for you mate, Lehmann was the only reason it got to
    >>>penalties, the rest of the Arsenal team forgot to turn up. A
    >>>great game to watch for us neutrals.
    >>
    >>Damn right, brilliant advert for the FA Cup. Lehman was superb
    >>throughout, he deserves his medal and more.
    >

    > For me Lehmann was man of the match.
    >

    >>United were great, I
    >>couldn't ask for more. I'm sure they'll be back.
    >

    > I'm sure you will.
    >

    >>We can't grumble, it has happened before, Bayern can vouch for that.
    >>Oh, and to put the BBC commentary right, the referee was awful, did
    >>the best to ruin a great tie.
    >

    > I thought Styles had a good game, not brilliant, not bad, but good got all
    > the big decisions right, as far as I saw anyway ;-)

    Naah he whistled way too much, ruining the game..

    >> I thought Styles had a good game, not brilliant, not bad, but good got
    >> all
    >> the big decisions right, as far as I saw anyway ;-)
    >>
    > Naah he whistled way too much, ruining the game..

    I think he did well. He needed to stamp his authority on the game to keep it
    from going out of control and he did. It could easily have descended into
    one great big fight but it didn't. He was consistent which most refs aren't
    these days.

    Dy

    > Oh, and to put the BBC commentary right, the referee was awful, did
    > the best to ruin a great tie.

    How was he awful?

    PivotalG wrote:
    > "Jabberwocky" <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote in
    >
    >> Lauren and Reyes both deserved to see red. And i don't see why
    >> Reyes was allowed to get a medal....
    >
    > Yep, a Utd player way back in '85, Moran I think, was denied a medal
    > and even stopped from joining in the celebrations.

    He did get a medal though.

    "Marc Robbins" <marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in

    >> Oh, and to put the BBC commentary right, the referee was awful, did
    >> the best to ruin a great tie.
    >
    > How was he awful?

    I thought he was far too quick with the whilste, turning it into a
    stop-start match for periods, which was a shame. Much preferred Poll's
    performance in the Highbury match earlier this season.

    --
    PG

    > PivotalG wrote:
    >> "Jabberwocky" <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Lauren and Reyes both deserved to see red. And i don't see why
    >>> Reyes was allowed to get a medal....
    >>
    >> Yep, a Utd player way back in '85, Moran I think, was denied a
    >> medal and even stopped from joining in the celebrations.
    >>

    > He did get a medal though.

    Sorry, your right. However, it was weeks later, after much battling.

    --
    PG

    > "Marc Robbins" <marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
    >
    >>> Oh, and to put the BBC commentary right, the referee was awful, did
    >>> the best to ruin a great tie.
    >>
    >> How was he awful?
    >
    > I thought he was far too quick with the whilste, turning it into a
    > stop-start match for periods, which was a shame. Much preferred Poll's
    > performance in the Highbury match earlier this season.

    I don't agree. He let play run on quite a few occasions where he didn't need
    to. I think he made very few mistakes with when to blow and when not to and
    those were too minor to be significant.

    --
    Fil

    "Fil Arkonus" <fil@arkonuspants.f9pants.copants.ukpants> wrote in

    >>> How was he awful?
    >>
    >> I thought he was far too quick with the whilste, turning it into
    >> a stop-start match for periods, which was a shame. Much preferred
    >> Poll's performance in the Highbury match earlier this season.
    >
    > I don't agree. He let play run on quite a few occasions where he
    > didn't need to. I think he made very few mistakes with when to
    > blow and when not to and those were too minor to be significant.

    Fair play, I may have made a bad call here and you and Marc are
    probably right.

    A little bit of bitterness running though me I guess...

    ;)

    --
    PG

    Fil Arkonus wrote:
    > "PivotalG" <pivotalgubbins@nospamsent.com> wrote in message
    >> "Marc Robbins" <marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in

    >>> How was he awful?
    >>
    >> I thought he was far too quick with the whilste, turning it into a
    >> stop-start match for periods, which was a shame. Much preferred
    >> Poll's performance in the Highbury match earlier this season.
    >
    > I don't agree. He let play run on quite a few occasions where he
    > didn't need to. I think he made very few mistakes with when to blow
    > and when not to and those were too minor to be significant.

    I have to agree with this point of view personally.

    Daniel Marsh wrote:
    >> Oh, and I hope you enjpy tonight as well Dan! I'm sure you followed the game as I did, kicking every damn ball.
    >>
    > Cheers I did enjoy, so much that I can't remember anything in between eating some chicken chow mein and drinking
    > Hennessey straight and waking up in the hospital in the middle of the night.

    Chicken Chow Mein has that effect on me too.

    --
    Stephen Weir

    List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
    ICQ # 11472386

    Stephen Weir wrote:
    > Daniel Marsh wrote:
    >>> Oh, and I hope you enjpy tonight as well Dan! I'm sure you followed
    >>> the game as I did, kicking every damn ball.
    >> Cheers I did enjoy, so much that I can't remember anything in
    >> between eating some chicken chow mein and drinking Hennessey
    >> straight and waking up in the hospital in the middle of the night.
    >
    > Chicken Chow Mein has that effect on me too.

    I reckon it might've been Dog.

    On Mon, 23 May 2005 08:05:34 +0100, Marc Robbins wrote:

    > Stephen Weir wrote:
    >>> Cheers I did enjoy, so much that I can't remember anything in
    >>> between eating some chicken chow mein and drinking Hennessey
    >>> straight and waking up in the hospital in the middle of the night.
    >>
    >> Chicken Chow Mein has that effect on me too.
    >
    > I reckon it might've been Dog.

    hair of the dog chow mein

    --
    - / - Daniel - / -

    Daniel Marsh wrote:
    >>> Chicken Chow Mein has that effect on me too.
    >>>
    >> I reckon it might've been Dog.
    >>
    > hair of the dog chow mein

    Chicken Chow Chow Mein.

    --
    Stephen Weir

    List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
    ICQ # 11472386

    Stephen Weir wrote:

    > >> I reckon it might've been Dog.
    > >>
    > > hair of the dog chow mein
    >
    > Chicken Chow Chow Mein.

    Chow Chow Chow Mein.

    (You asked for it in this thread. Blame Robbins.)

    (Note: There is NO chicken chow mein per se in Chinese/Cantonese cuisine.
    It's a Chinese takeaway rip-off. Also, apparently only in Cantonese cuisine
    would one stir-fry cooked egg noodles.)

    The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:
    > Stephen Weir wrote:

    >>> hair of the dog chow mein
    >>
    >> Chicken Chow Chow Mein.
    >
    > Chow Chow Chow Mein.

    Chicken Chihuahua Main?

    Marc Robbins wrote:

    > The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:
    > > Stephen Weir wrote:

    > >> Chicken Chow Chow Mein.
    > >
    > > Chow Chow Chow Mein.
    > >
    > Chicken Chihuahua Main?

    Hint: Look back at what 'you' reckoned Marshie's reaction to his chow mein
    was.

    Hint 2: Canine

    Hint 3: A canine breed

    > A little bit of bitterness running though me I guess...
    >
    > ;)

    Lol. Well it is understandable in the circumstances. You were robbed, but
    not by the ref.

    --
    Fil

Games Video Games