Nice one, Arsenal

Last response: in Video Games
May 21, 2005 9:03:36 PM

Gutted, but that is football. Reyes was a cunt, a useless one at that.
Apart from that, well done. Lehman was brilliant.

Well done, enjoy the feeling!

--
PG

More about : nice arsenal

Anonymous
May 21, 2005 10:08:30 PM

PivotalG wrote:
> Gutted, but that is football. Reyes was a cunt, a useless one at that.
> Apart from that, well done. Lehman was brilliant.
>
> Well done, enjoy the feeling!

I feel for you mate, Lehmann was the only reason it got to penalties, the
rest of the Arsenal team forgot to turn up. A great game to watch for us
neutrals.

--
Hamish

Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well
you bounce.
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 10:08:31 PM

"Hamish" <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom> wrote in

> PivotalG wrote:
>> Gutted, but that is football. Reyes was a cunt, a useless one at
>> that. Apart from that, well done. Lehman was brilliant.
>>
>> Well done, enjoy the feeling!
>
> I feel for you mate, Lehmann was the only reason it got to
> penalties, the rest of the Arsenal team forgot to turn up. A
> great game to watch for us neutrals.

Damn right, brilliant advert for the FA Cup. Lehman was superb
throughout, he deserves his medal and more. United were great, I
couldn't ask for more. I'm sure they'll be back.

We can't grumble, it has happened before, Bayern can vouch for that.
Oh, and to put the BBC commentary right, the referee was awful, did
the best to ruin a great tie.

--
PG
May 21, 2005 10:21:28 PM

PivotalG wrote:
> "Hamish" <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom> wrote in
>
>> PivotalG wrote:
>>> Gutted, but that is football. Reyes was a cunt, a useless one at
>>> that. Apart from that, well done. Lehman was brilliant.
>>>
>>> Well done, enjoy the feeling!
>>
>> I feel for you mate, Lehmann was the only reason it got to
>> penalties, the rest of the Arsenal team forgot to turn up. A
>> great game to watch for us neutrals.
>
> Damn right, brilliant advert for the FA Cup. Lehman was superb
> throughout, he deserves his medal and more.

For me Lehmann was man of the match.

>United were great, I
> couldn't ask for more. I'm sure they'll be back.

I'm sure you will.

> We can't grumble, it has happened before, Bayern can vouch for that.
> Oh, and to put the BBC commentary right, the referee was awful, did
> the best to ruin a great tie.

I thought Styles had a good game, not brilliant, not bad, but good got all
the big decisions right, as far as I saw anyway ;-)

--
Hamish

Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well
you bounce.
May 21, 2005 10:21:29 PM

"Hamish" <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom> wrote in message
> PivotalG wrote:
>> "Hamish" <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom> wrote in

>>> I feel for you mate, Lehmann was the only reason it got to
>>> penalties, the rest of the Arsenal team forgot to turn up. A
>>> great game to watch for us neutrals.
>>
>> Damn right, brilliant advert for the FA Cup. Lehman was superb
>> throughout, he deserves his medal and more.
>
> For me Lehmann was man of the match.

Yep Lehmann shoulda been Man of match, yes rooney took ALL the shots that
were going in, but Lehmann was the reason Arsenal won in the end, and the
reason man U lost. But that's football also.

Lauren and Reyes both deserved to see red. And i don't see why Reyes was
allowed to get a medal....

--
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;

Admin of one of the best FM sites around:
http://www.fmunderground.net/

View my Story / Poem profile on :
http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/user_id/shadowalk
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 11:15:49 PM

"PivotalG" <pivotalgubbins@nospamsent.com> wrote in message
> Gutted, but that is football. Reyes was a cunt, a useless one at that.
> Apart from that, well done. Lehman was brilliant.
>
> Well done, enjoy the feeling!

When you've got a German goalkeeper I guess your quite glad to get to
penalties. He did make a good case for his continuing presence as Arsenal
no.1 and if I had to pick a gunner for MOM it'd be him. I'd probably pick
Ronaldo for MOM and this time I didn't even laugh at him crying.

As a neautral I found the game pretty entertaining which is what you want if
your neuatral. Utd looked the better team on the day, but I wouldn't say
they deserved to win more because when there aren't contraversial decisions
or complete fluke goals I'd say the team that does win deserved to win.
Arsenal rarely looked like scoring and spent most of the match on the back
foot. But they didn't concede and they did win. So congrats to them.

--
Fil
Anonymous

"Hamish" <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom> wrote in message

> I thought Styles had a good game, not brilliant, not bad, but good got all
> the big decisions right, as far as I saw anyway ;-)

I thought he did a bloody good job to be honest. He didn't let anyone
intimidate him, he tried not to ruin the specatacle by being overly harsh
and he managed to stay neautral. It's easy to point fingers at the ref when
you loose, but I saw him give just as many breaks to Man Utd as he did to
Arsenal.

--
Fil
Anonymous

Hamish wrote:
> PivotalG wrote:
>
>>"Hamish" <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom> wrote in

>>>I feel for you mate, Lehmann was the only reason it got to
>>>penalties, the rest of the Arsenal team forgot to turn up. A
>>>great game to watch for us neutrals.
>>
>>Damn right, brilliant advert for the FA Cup. Lehman was superb
>>throughout, he deserves his medal and more.
>

> For me Lehmann was man of the match.
>

>>United were great, I
>>couldn't ask for more. I'm sure they'll be back.
>

> I'm sure you will.
>

>>We can't grumble, it has happened before, Bayern can vouch for that.
>>Oh, and to put the BBC commentary right, the referee was awful, did
>>the best to ruin a great tie.
>

> I thought Styles had a good game, not brilliant, not bad, but good got all
> the big decisions right, as far as I saw anyway ;-)

Naah he whistled way too much, ruining the game..
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 11:39:11 PM

>> I thought Styles had a good game, not brilliant, not bad, but good got
>> all
>> the big decisions right, as far as I saw anyway ;-)
>>
> Naah he whistled way too much, ruining the game..

I think he did well. He needed to stamp his authority on the game to keep it
from going out of control and he did. It could easily have descended into
one great big fight but it didn't. He was consistent which most refs aren't
these days.

Dy
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 4:07:01 AM

> Oh, and to put the BBC commentary right, the referee was awful, did
> the best to ruin a great tie.

How was he awful?
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 4:08:01 AM

PivotalG wrote:
> "Jabberwocky" <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> Lauren and Reyes both deserved to see red. And i don't see why
>> Reyes was allowed to get a medal....
>
> Yep, a Utd player way back in '85, Moran I think, was denied a medal
> and even stopped from joining in the celebrations.

He did get a medal though.
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 2:18:58 PM

"Marc Robbins" <marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:D 6oeun$jtp$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk:

>> Oh, and to put the BBC commentary right, the referee was awful, did
>> the best to ruin a great tie.
>
> How was he awful?

I thought he was far too quick with the whilste, turning it into a
stop-start match for periods, which was a shame. Much preferred Poll's
performance in the Highbury match earlier this season.

--
PG
Anonymous

"Marc Robbins" <marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:D 6of0j$au8$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk:

> PivotalG wrote:
>> "Jabberwocky" <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote in
>>
>>> Lauren and Reyes both deserved to see red. And i don't see why
>>> Reyes was allowed to get a medal....
>>
>> Yep, a Utd player way back in '85, Moran I think, was denied a
>> medal and even stopped from joining in the celebrations.
>>

> He did get a medal though.

Sorry, your right. However, it was weeks later, after much battling.

--
PG
Anonymous

> "Marc Robbins" <marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
> news:D 6oeun$jtp$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk:
>
>>> Oh, and to put the BBC commentary right, the referee was awful, did
>>> the best to ruin a great tie.
>>
>> How was he awful?
>
> I thought he was far too quick with the whilste, turning it into a
> stop-start match for periods, which was a shame. Much preferred Poll's
> performance in the Highbury match earlier this season.

I don't agree. He let play run on quite a few occasions where he didn't need
to. I think he made very few mistakes with when to blow and when not to and
those were too minor to be significant.

--
Fil
Anonymous

"Fil Arkonus" <fil@arkonuspants.f9pants.copants.ukpants> wrote in

>>> How was he awful?
>>
>> I thought he was far too quick with the whilste, turning it into
>> a stop-start match for periods, which was a shame. Much preferred
>> Poll's performance in the Highbury match earlier this season.
>
> I don't agree. He let play run on quite a few occasions where he
> didn't need to. I think he made very few mistakes with when to
> blow and when not to and those were too minor to be significant.

Fair play, I may have made a bad call here and you and Marc are
probably right.

A little bit of bitterness running though me I guess...

;)

--
PG
Anonymous

Fil Arkonus wrote:
> "PivotalG" <pivotalgubbins@nospamsent.com> wrote in message
>> "Marc Robbins" <marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
>> news:D 6oeun$jtp$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk:

>>> How was he awful?
>>
>> I thought he was far too quick with the whilste, turning it into a
>> stop-start match for periods, which was a shame. Much preferred
>> Poll's performance in the Highbury match earlier this season.
>
> I don't agree. He let play run on quite a few occasions where he
> didn't need to. I think he made very few mistakes with when to blow
> and when not to and those were too minor to be significant.

I have to agree with this point of view personally.
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 5:07:20 AM

Daniel Marsh wrote:
>> Oh, and I hope you enjpy tonight as well Dan! I'm sure you followed the game as I did, kicking every damn ball.
>>
> Cheers I did enjoy, so much that I can't remember anything in between eating some chicken chow mein and drinking
> Hennessey straight and waking up in the hospital in the middle of the night.

Chicken Chow Mein has that effect on me too.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 12:05:34 PM

Stephen Weir wrote:
> Daniel Marsh wrote:
>>> Oh, and I hope you enjpy tonight as well Dan! I'm sure you followed
>>> the game as I did, kicking every damn ball.
>> Cheers I did enjoy, so much that I can't remember anything in
>> between eating some chicken chow mein and drinking Hennessey
>> straight and waking up in the hospital in the middle of the night.
>
> Chicken Chow Mein has that effect on me too.

I reckon it might've been Dog.
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 1:59:19 PM

On Mon, 23 May 2005 08:05:34 +0100, Marc Robbins wrote:

> Stephen Weir wrote:
>>> Cheers I did enjoy, so much that I can't remember anything in
>>> between eating some chicken chow mein and drinking Hennessey
>>> straight and waking up in the hospital in the middle of the night.
>>
>> Chicken Chow Mein has that effect on me too.
>
> I reckon it might've been Dog.

hair of the dog chow mein

--
- / - Daniel - / -
Anonymous

Stephen Weir wrote:

> >> I reckon it might've been Dog.
> >>
> > hair of the dog chow mein
>
> Chicken Chow Chow Mein.

Chow Chow Chow Mein.

(You asked for it in this thread. Blame Robbins.)

(Note: There is NO chicken chow mein per se in Chinese/Cantonese cuisine.
It's a Chinese takeaway rip-off. Also, apparently only in Cantonese cuisine
would one stir-fry cooked egg noodles.)
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 4:47:24 AM

The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:
> Stephen Weir wrote:

>>> hair of the dog chow mein
>>
>> Chicken Chow Chow Mein.
>
> Chow Chow Chow Mein.

Chicken Chihuahua Main?
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 5:12:01 AM

Marc Robbins wrote:

> The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:
> > Stephen Weir wrote:

> >> Chicken Chow Chow Mein.
> >
> > Chow Chow Chow Mein.
> >
> Chicken Chihuahua Main?

Hint: Look back at what 'you' reckoned Marshie's reaction to his chow mein
was.

Hint 2: Canine

Hint 3: A canine breed
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 3:20:47 PM

> A little bit of bitterness running though me I guess...
>
> ;)

Lol. Well it is understandable in the circumstances. You were robbed, but
not by the ref.

--
Fil
!