Wifi + Win98 +Dell Inspiron 3000

Is it possible to connect a Dell Inspiron 3000 running Win98 to a wifi
network? I'm not sure what the requirements are for wifi and/or if my older
laptop can do the job. It has 2 pcmcia ports and is a 200 Mhtz. I think it
has a PII cpu.

Help?

--
MoonPuppy
RSM: Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Do you have Win98 or Win98SE? Various 802.11 products support
Win98SE - just get an 802.11b PCMCIA card (such as the Linksys
WPC11). If you have no-SE Win98, I'm not sure if anything is
available; you'd have to upgrade your OS.

Aaron

---

~ Is it possible to connect a Dell Inspiron 3000 running Win98 to a wifi
~ network? I'm not sure what the requirements are for wifi and/or if my older
~ laptop can do the job. It has 2 pcmcia ports and is a 200 Mhtz. I think it
~ has a PII cpu.
~
~ Help?

Latest posts