Disk cleanup freeze...another option?

I have looked for an answer for a problem.....the freezing of disk cleanup
when it comes to compressing old files.
The only options I've found is a workaround from MSN....and a program which
deletes the compressing of old files from your PC found at Kelly's Corner (or
something like that).
I would like to compress my old files if need be.
I've done the workaround and have had to reinstall the decompression option.
But....After reinstalling it....I'm back to square 1......freezes at
decompressing old files.
Is there any other ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about disk cleanup freeze another option

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812248
    We assume you have sufficient free space

    "Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have looked for an answer for a problem.....the freezing of disk cleanup
    > when it comes to compressing old files.
    > The only options I've found is a workaround from MSN....and a program
    which
    > deletes the compressing of old files from your PC found at Kelly's Corner
    (or
    > something like that).
    > I would like to compress my old files if need be.
    > I've done the workaround and have had to reinstall the decompression
    option.
    > But....After reinstalling it....I'm back to square 1......freezes at
    > decompressing old files.
    > Is there any other ideas?

    Disk Cleanup Tool Stops Responding While Compressing Old Files
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812248

    Disk Cleanup Utility Stops Responding
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812930

    Why does Disk Cleanup freeze?

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q315246
    How to Automate the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310312

    Ben wrote:
    > I have looked for an answer for a problem.....the freezing of disk
    > cleanup when it comes to compressing old files.
    > The only options I've found is a workaround from MSN....and a program
    > which deletes the compressing of old files from your PC found at
    > Kelly's Corner (or something like that).
    > I would like to compress my old files if need be.
    > I've done the workaround and have had to reinstall the decompression
    > option. But....After reinstalling it....I'm back to square
    > 1......freezes at decompressing old files.
    > Is there any other ideas?

Support Microsoft Disk Cleanup Windows XP