Disk cleanup freeze...another option?

June 1, 2005 11:10:06 PM

I have looked for an answer for a problem.....the freezing of disk cleanup
when it comes to compressing old files.
The only options I've found is a workaround from MSN....and a program which
deletes the compressing of old files from your PC found at Kelly's Corner (or
something like that).
I would like to compress my old files if need be.
I've done the workaround and have had to reinstall the decompression option.
But....After reinstalling it....I'm back to square 1......freezes at
decompressing old files.
Is there any other ideas?
June 2, 2005 12:59:28 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812248
We assume you have sufficient free space

"Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have looked for an answer for a problem.....the freezing of disk cleanup
> when it comes to compressing old files.
> The only options I've found is a workaround from MSN....and a program
which
> deletes the compressing of old files from your PC found at Kelly's Corner
(or
> something like that).
> I would like to compress my old files if need be.
> I've done the workaround and have had to reinstall the decompression
option.
> But....After reinstalling it....I'm back to square 1......freezes at
> decompressing old files.
> Is there any other ideas?
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 10:10:36 PM

Disk Cleanup Tool Stops Responding While Compressing Old Files
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812248

Disk Cleanup Utility Stops Responding
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812930

Why does Disk Cleanup freeze?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q315246
How to Automate the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310312

!