I wonder if you could point me in the right direction or solution:-my
desktop pc with XP Pro SP2 crashed over the weekend. Just keeps
restarting after it shows boot options. Tried restore and other options
but comes with error message or just hangs.

I have now installed a new copy on same partition and all works great,
can acces/view my previous files. I can view from new install BUT is it
possible to move all my previous applications and documents *.exe,
*.dll, ect to the new XP PRO SP2 folder, thereby restoring old
install??

Any advise would be helpful,
de OMM.

Thanks mate but 80Gb HD has too much applications that have been
tweaked to my liking for the past 10 months. Can I copy restore from
old install to new, providing they are free of virus ect??

philo wrote:
> "de OMM" <deoomm@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> > I wonder if you could point me in the right direction or solution:-my
> > desktop pc with XP Pro SP2 crashed over the weekend. Just keeps
> > restarting after it shows boot options. Tried restore and other options
> > but comes with error message or just hangs.
> >
> > I have now installed a new copy on same partition and all works great,
> > can acces/view my previous files. I can view from new install BUT is it
> > possible to move all my previous applications and documents *.exe,
> > *.dll, ect to the new XP PRO SP2 folder, thereby restoring old
> > install??
> >
> you will need to reinstall your apps

Philo

> Thanks mate but 80Gb HD has too much applications that have been
> tweaked to my liking for the past 10 months. Can I copy restore from
> old install to new, providing they are free of virus ect??

your apps will not work on a second install...
however you might be able to perform a repair install on your
original installation