analog coverage

Does anyone know if the extended analogue coverage offered by Fido
(through Mobility) will still be offered? Or are they going to switch
it to Rogers analog network?

I recall that Rogers never offered analog fallback for its GSM
customers so it will be interesting to see what happens..

Gabe
5 answers Last reply
More about analog coverage

    Gabe P <gabe1@softhome.net> wrote in

    > I recall that Rogers never offered analog fallback for its GSM
    > customers so it will be interesting to see what happens..

    on the fido FAQ it says that you will still be analog-roaming on bell/telus
    as if nothing has changed....

    BUT, since the GSM coverage is so damn deep with Rogers, your need to use
    analog will be much, much less.

    On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 12:46:50 -0500, Gabe P wrote:

    > Does anyone know if the extended analogue coverage offered by Fido
    > (through Mobility) will still be offered? Or are they going to switch it
    > to Rogers analog network?
    >
    > I recall that Rogers never offered analog fallback for its GSM customers
    > so it will be interesting to see what happens..

    In my experience there are fewer and fewer places that have Rogers AMPS
    but no GSM. I doubt very much that you'll even want Rogers AMPS unless you
    are definately in an area that has only Rogers AMPS. TTYL

    On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 12:46:50 -0500, Gabe P <gabe1@softhome.net> wrote:

    >Does anyone know if the extended analogue coverage offered by Fido
    >(through Mobility) will still be offered? Or are they going to switch
    >it to Rogers analog network?

    Analogue will still be provided by Bell and Telus.

    Yes, but probably not for a long time. When things calm down they will
    examine this option and find they don't need to offer it anymore since
    rogers coverage are almost as good as bell analog (except on a few remote
    locations like gaspesia, quebec) And they probably don't want to give any
    money to Bell. Also analog will probably gone in a year or two.

    "Joseph" <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de
    > On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 12:46:50 -0500, Gabe P <gabe1@softhome.net> wrote:
    >
    > >Does anyone know if the extended analogue coverage offered by Fido
    > >(through Mobility) will still be offered? Or are they going to switch
    > >it to Rogers analog network?
    >
    > Analogue will still be provided by Bell and Telus.

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:39:39 GMT, "Blandine"
    <blandinebigard@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > Also analog will probably gone in a year or two.

    And you know this how?

Fido Rogers Mobility Internet Service Providers