Could a HDD caddie house a DVD burner?

June 2, 2005 7:52:38 PM

I have a caddie which houses a hard disk drive & connects thorough a
USB2 connection to my computer. Are these sort of caddies also suitable
to house a DVD burner or are they different?

Thanks in advance
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 7:52:39 PM

some of them are, if it has a removable faceplate to allow a drivebay front,
it probably will accept a DVD-RAM drive. However, some drives do not like
being brought through a USB connection. the only way to know for sure
however is to contact the manufacturer.

!