problems with ati mobility radeon 9200

alfredo

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

I have a sony vaio vgn-s260. Like 4 weeks ago it started shutting down
continually. The only solution I found is to uninstall or completly remove
the video drivers. I am looking for a solution in windows, where they say me
to go sony, where they send me to ati, where they send me to sony.
I have xp sp2, and my guess is that the problem strated when upgrading xp.

Can someone help me?

They should be at the Sony website.

Here's why. Each mobility chip can be a different configuration and only
Sony know exactly what they have ordered from ATI. Therefore Sony are
responsible for the drivers. A mobility chip on a Sony can be completely
different from what looks to be the same mobility chip on a (example)
Toshiba.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"alfredo" <alfredo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a sony vaio vgn-s260. Like 4 weeks ago it started shutting down
> continually. The only solution I found is to uninstall or completly remove
> the video drivers. I am looking for a solution in windows, where they say
> me
> to go sony, where they send me to ati, where they send me to sony.
> I have xp sp2, and my guess is that the problem strated when upgrading xp.
>
> Can someone help me?

alfredo

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

The case is that they do not have them there. any case, thanks. I thought
someone could have the same problem.