Sign in with
Your question

Screen Resolution

Last response: in Mobile Computing
February 6, 2004 1:38:06 AM

I have a Dell Latitude C400, runnin win xp pro. Anyways, lately, I have this very unusual problem. Once the computer boots up to windows, the screen resolution would change to 800x600 and 4 bit color. I have to go properties and change it back to 1024x768 and 32 bit color, then everything is fine. But once I reboot the computer, it would go back to the 800x600. Any ideas on why this stupid computer does this?

More about : screen resolution

February 7, 2004 1:43:44 AM

i don't have that problem on my inspiron 5150 but i do have a problem with getting the brightness setting to stay. every time i boot up the brightness setting goes to the max and i have to lower it again manually. a minor inconvenience but a huge annoyance considering i always boot it up in the dark.

:cool: :eek:  :redface: :frown: :lol:  :mad:  :eek:  :smile: :tongue: :wink: :evil: 
February 14, 2004 6:21:03 AM

Funny thing with this problem is that the first few seconds in windows, it is normal, and then the 640x480 w/4 bit color setting kicks in. I think there's something in my comp that causes that setting to load.
February 14, 2004 9:35:21 AM

hmm maybe you should check the dell forums. they might be able to help you

support.dell.com

click on community

:cool: :eek:  :redface: :frown: :lol:  :mad:  :eek:  :smile: :tongue: :wink: :evil: 
!