computer wont start up?

iam trying to help my friend out as her computer begins to start up then the
blue screen appears with the egg timer and then does nothing we have waited
to see what happens but nothing does ???t the windows screen doesnt appear?

Hi

Next time you reboot, keep tapping the F8 key to see if you can access a
screen that has 'Last Known Good Configuration' as an option. Try that to
see if you can access Windows.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User