Help needed Using Remote Desktop Connect

Hi,

REcently I have installed windows xp professional computer.
I am comcast cable which is connected to cable modem which is connected to
the router. My PC is connected to the router.

I have securemote software installed on my home computer which I first run
and then use REmote Desktop Connect of windows xp professional to connect to
my office computer. However my requirement is that I need to be able to
connect to my home computer from office computer. I am not able to
do this using remote desktop connect from office. This is all what I did.

Control panel => Network connections => local area connection => properties
=>advanced => unchecked the check box
"protect my computer by preventing access...".

Router settings :
Changed the router settings to allow the anonymous requests,disabled
firewall.

From office, I start the remote desktop connect,type in the ip address in
the address box(also tried with port#),
and tried to connect but of no help.

can any one tell me what I need to do, so that I can connect from my office
to the home computer. YOur quick response is highly appreciated.

thanks in advance,Lucky.
1 answer Last reply
More about help needed remote desktop connect

    The router config app will have a way to forward tcp port 3389 to the local IP of that machine. Start/run, type:

    cmd /k ipconfig

    Usually the "Default Gateway" reported is the way to open the router in IE. e.g.

    http://192.168.0.1

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Lucky" <jlnarayana@comcast.net> wrote in message news:f_adnbfs3aPaggLfRVn-qA@comcast.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > REcently I have installed windows xp professional computer.
    > I am comcast cable which is connected to cable modem which is connected to
    > the router. My PC is connected to the router.
    >
    > I have securemote software installed on my home computer which I first run
    > and then use REmote Desktop Connect of windows xp professional to connect to
    > my office computer. However my requirement is that I need to be able to
    > connect to my home computer from office computer. I am not able to
    > do this using remote desktop connect from office. This is all what I did.
    >
    > Control panel => Network connections => local area connection => properties
    > =>advanced => unchecked the check box
    > "protect my computer by preventing access...".
    >
    > Router settings :
    > Changed the router settings to allow the anonymous requests,disabled
    > firewall.
    >
    > From office, I start the remote desktop connect,type in the ip address in
    > the address box(also tried with port#),
    > and tried to connect but of no help.
    >
    > can any one tell me what I need to do, so that I can connect from my office
    > to the home computer. YOur quick response is highly appreciated.
    >
    > thanks in advance,Lucky.

Remote Desktop Connection Computers Windows XP