I have a folder on my C Drive entitled My Videos. Whenever I view the
contents of the folder, XP freezes. I suspect a corrupt video file of some
sort, but since I can't view the contents, I can't delete individual files.
If I attempt to simply delete the folder (something I am not willing to do
at this time) the file is too large for the recycle bin and therefore must
be deleted.

I attempted to view the folder via Safe Mode, with the same results.

Any ideas?

"Bob Ianson" <biansonnospam@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> I have a folder on my C Drive entitled My Videos. Whenever I view the
> contents of the folder, XP freezes. I suspect a corrupt video file of some
> sort, but since I can't view the contents, I can't delete individual
files.
> If I attempt to simply delete the folder (something I am not willing to do
> at this time) the file is too large for the recycle bin and therefore must
> be deleted.
>
> I attempted to view the folder via Safe Mode, with the same results.
>
> Any ideas?

Have you tried hosting that drive in another machine, and using a recovery
program?

HTH
-pk

"Test User" <test@dev.null> wrote in message
> "Bob Ianson" <biansonnospam@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> I have a folder on my C Drive entitled My Videos. Whenever I view the
>> contents of the folder, XP freezes. I suspect a corrupt video file of
>> some
>> sort, but since I can't view the contents, I can't delete individual
> files.
>> If I attempt to simply delete the folder (something I am not willing to
>> do
>> at this time) the file is too large for the recycle bin and therefore
>> must
>> be deleted.
>>
>> I attempted to view the folder via Safe Mode, with the same results.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Have you tried hosting that drive in another machine, and using a recovery
> program?
>
> HTH
> -pk

I copied for the folder over to another drive, then deleted it from my C
Drive. I have recreated the folder and will reload one file at a time and
see if i can detect the culprit.

Bob