Slot Cutter Routing Direction?

Trav

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2004

I am just about to cut the slot in the side of a new console to mount
the t-molding using a Craftman router. What direction should I run the
router around the control panel?

Always push against the rotation. Don't let it pull you, you need to
push it. Just like a circular saw :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

It doesn't matter... the router turns several thousand times per second...
any motion by you is insignifigant compared to the speed of the cutting
heads.

"Trav" <trav08857@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am just about to cut the slot in the side of a new console to mount
> the t-molding using a Craftman router. What direction should I run the
> router around the control panel?

though it DOES go easier in one direction then the other.
i just go the way it feels easier. :)

test on a piece of scrap.. since you need to adjust the bit depth anyway to
center the slot.

k.

"Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
> It doesn't matter... the router turns several thousand times per second...
> any motion by you is insignifigant compared to the speed of the cutting
> heads.
>
> "Trav" <trav08857@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I am just about to cut the slot in the side of a new console to mount
> > the t-molding using a Craftman router. What direction should I run the
> > router around the control panel?

Vaxx

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

"Cliffy" <crinear@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Always push against the rotation. Don't let it pull you, you need to
> push it. Just like a circular saw :)

exactly, or it will run away on you