Slot Cutter Routing Direction?

I am just about to cut the slot in the side of a new console to mount
the t-molding using a Craftman router. What direction should I run the
router around the control panel?
6 answers Last reply
More about slot cutter routing direction

    Actually, both ways.

    Thanks, I didn't want to ruin the panel at this stage.

    Always push against the rotation. Don't let it pull you, you need to
    push it. Just like a circular saw :)

    --
    Cliffy - CARGPB2
    A passion for pinball!

    It doesn't matter... the router turns several thousand times per second...
    any motion by you is insignifigant compared to the speed of the cutting
    heads.

    "Trav" <trav08857@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I am just about to cut the slot in the side of a new console to mount
    > the t-molding using a Craftman router. What direction should I run the
    > router around the control panel?

    though it DOES go easier in one direction then the other.
    i just go the way it feels easier. :)

    test on a piece of scrap.. since you need to adjust the bit depth anyway to
    center the slot.

    k.

    "Cliffy" <crinear@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Always push against the rotation. Don't let it pull you, you need to
    > push it. Just like a circular saw :)

    exactly, or it will run away on you

Control Panel Routers Games Video Video Games