Card won't fit tight in case!

G

Hey everyone

My problem is that my graphics card (radeon 9800pro) wont fit well in my pc case (an antec full tower case). It seems like the metal tab, where the ports are, on the video card is too long or something.

So the card won't fit in properly, and when i move the pc around slightly, the video card often gets pulled out too much and the system crashes (which cannot be good for the mobo).

How do I get it to fit?!!!

Thanks!

G

well i really wasnt planning on modding my case. perhaps there is a safe way to bend the card edge or something?? it only needs a little more space to fit..

sobelizard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
The brackets for any graphics/pci cards are malleable. Done carefully, you can bend as you need. Before you do this, double-check your mb's placement in the case. *UNPLUG POWER CORD* Loosen all the standoff screws and adjust the mb. You can can get about 1/2mm to 1mm adjustment. Once the board is loose, see if your vid card fits. If it does, tighten down the screws and you are in business. If not, you may have to do some careful bending of the bracket.

<font color=green><b><i>Lizards</font color=green></b> do <b>not</b> taste like <b><font color=yellow>chicken</font color=yellow></b>,<b> <font color=yellow>chicken</font color=yellow></b> tastes like <font color=green><b>lizard.</b></font color=green></i>