This Dell Inspiron 4100 I got for free, from my friend, has 128MB of ram, which is enough to run, XP, and Traktor, but I would like to get something a bit better, so I can have a more stable platform, for live set play.. Just want to make sure, it doesn't crash, or freeze up on me ^__- That would be annoying aye? lol, EPIC DANCE FLOOR BREAKDOWN *AAAAH*
I used to have a Compaq Presario F700... It was a Dual Core Athlon, and I put 4GB's of ram in it.. Ran Ableton fine.. The GPU was a Nvidia 7100, which I really didn't care to much, cause I only did minor gaming... Just looking for some cheap, on Ebay, that has 1GB of ram + with a Dual Core at least... Just need it to run Traktor, and possibly Ableton.. Also 2+ USB 2.0 slots, and a CD/DVD drive..
If you guys want to help me look around, that would be awesome... ^__^
1. Budget: $100 Tops
2. Size: Anything 15" or more will do...
3. Resolution: Anything over 1024x768
4. Portable or Desktop Replacement: Portable... Something to use for live set play, that will run Traktor, and or Ableton....
5. Battery Life: At least 5 hours +
6. Games: No games...
7. Tasks: Traktor, and Ableton really..
8. Storage: Anything over 50GB.. I am going to use an external 1TB USB Harddrive for my data..
9. Specific Websites: http://www.Ebay.com/ or any used website, Since I am looking for a used laptop
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop: As long as it works :3
11. Disc Drives: CD/DVD
12. Brand Preference: Don't have a preference.
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Other: Need at least 2 USB 2.0 ports, at minimum..