My laptop hung up after intall Pc Card Wireless

jp

My laptop hung up after intall Pc Card Wireless,. I have Windows XP SP2 and
the car intalled is a D-link DWL-G650+

I tried to install the same pcmcia card on a NEC laptop and had the same
result. It seems that there are compatibility problems.
On another laptop I tried another brand and that had problems too.

It just seems that some cards are incompatible with some laptops!

I would suggest you take the card back along with the laptop and
ask the sales man to change it with one (another brand) that you will test
on the spot and that works with your laptop.
Another alternative is to not use a pcmcia card but a wireless USB adaptor.

Kenny