Mouse and 'Folder View' tweaks needed.

WinXP_SP2.(Home) 1Gb RAM. PS2 mouse (Logitech)

My mouse has developed a life of it's own. When the PC
starts, the cursor will, about 50% of the time, freeze in mid screen
at the point where I need to enter my password, requiring a
reboot. Even then, unless I jiggle it about on the mat
after the POST, it may do exactly the same. Yes, I have cleaned
it, and the mat. This has been going on for some time.

It has also taken it into its head, during the last 48
hours, to bring up 'Search Results' every time I double click on
an icon, so I am reduced to right clicking and selecting 'Open'
or 'explore'.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, rolled back the drivers and
used 'System Restore', but the behaviour does not change. I
have also run just about every security, bot, spyware, anti-
virus, trojan programme known to man, and uninstalled the
only programme I had installed during that period.

Any ideas for a cure?

A second, minor problem, which probably needs a simple
registry tweak. In Explorer_ tools _ Folder options_View, I check
'Display full path in the title bar', but it only works
for the current session. Does any one know how to fix this, please?

Tony.

Try another mouse.

also:

Go to Start/Run, and type: