Desktop and icon settings not being kept.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I have a brand new PC running Win XP Home. I'm finding a very annoying
problem of the desktop resolution and icons arrangements sometimes
changing after a reboot (or restart of the PC). The desktop reverts to
a lower resolution (but maintains the same colour depth) and the icons
take the "auto arrange" positions. I resize and reorganize the icons
without difficulty but the same thing happens again after a few
restarts.

(This happened occasionally on my earlier PC running Win98SE, but this
one is far worse).

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Regards

--
John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)

Error Message Windows Cannot Load Your Profile Because It May Be Corrupted: Go to:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q318011

811151 - How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811151

--

Mark L. Ferguson