Workgroup Printer Requires Password??!!!

I have 3 pc's in the house all running win xp. 1 has a printer hooked up.
Recently one of my kids manipulated somethng on the pc with the printer
hooked up, so that now when I am trying to add this printer to my other 2
pc's via MS's "set up a home office" program, its asking for a user name and
password! How do I change it back to the original setting where anyone on the
same workgroup could install and access the printer without this login window
popping up everytme??

Please help before I have to reformat the computer!

They changed the setting for "Simple File Sharing" on one of the machines.

Go to start/run, and type "control folders", click the View Tab and check the checkbox for "Use simple file sharing"

Regulate who has access to specific folders. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/tips/september/stevens1.asp "Description
of File Sharing and Permissions in Windows XP" http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q304/0/40.ASP

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Xscape620" <Xscape620@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33C188D3-4F31-4DC5-A972-31320715B742@microsoft.com...
>I have 3 pc's in the house all running win xp. 1 has a printer hooked up.
> Recently one of my kids manipulated somethng on the pc with the printer
> hooked up, so that now when I am trying to add this printer to my other 2
> pc's via MS's "set up a home office" program, its asking for a user name and
> password! How do I change it back to the original setting where anyone on the
> same workgroup could install and access the printer without this login window
> popping up everytme??
>
> Please help before I have to reformat the computer!

TRENDING THREADS