Disappearing Shared Document Folder - Access Denied

I have Windows XP Home Edition

I dragged a folder (My Pictures) from a User account to the Shared Documents
folder so others could assess them. That worked fine... but I recently
noticed the Shared Documents folder in the My Computer folder is now named
Documents and I cannot access it. From Windows Explorer, the pop-up says

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents is not accessible.
Access is denied.

I then logged in as Administrator and the same thing happened. I brought up
a CMD window, browsed to All c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\ and had
the following results
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users>dir Documents\*.*
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is B02A-BBE1

Directory of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents

File Not Found

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users>dir /s Documents
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is B02A-BBE1
File Not Found

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users>cacls Documents\* /g everyone:f
Are you sure (Y/N)?y
Access is denied.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users>

ok - what is going on and how do I restore the Documents to a Shared
Documents folder!??

Don

See:
http://groups.google.co.in/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/a0991f8dbafead9a?dmode=source&hl=en
and
http://groups.google.co.in/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/0a9b94b61ee59eff?dmode=source&hl=en

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Don Simard" <donsimard@cablespeed.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows XP Home Edition
>
> I dragged a folder (My Pictures) from a User account to the Shared
> Documents folder so others could assess them. That worked fine... but I
> recently noticed the Shared Documents folder in the My Computer folder is
> now named Documents and I cannot access it. From Windows Explorer, the
> pop-up says
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents is not accessible.
> Access is denied.
>

> I then logged in as Administrator and the same thing happened. I brought
> up a CMD window, browsed to All c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\ and
> had the following results
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users>dir Documents\*.*
> Volume in drive C has no label.
> Volume Serial Number is B02A-BBE1
>
> Directory of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents
>
> File Not Found
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users>dir /s Documents
> Volume in drive C has no label.
> Volume Serial Number is B02A-BBE1
> File Not Found
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users>cacls Documents\* /g everyone:f
> Are you sure (Y/N)?y
> Access is denied.
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users>
>
> ok - what is going on and how do I restore the Documents to a Shared
> Documents folder!??
>

> Don

Thanx - I think that fixed it.

> See:
> http://groups.google.co.in/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/a0991f8dbafead9a?dmode=source&hl=en
> and
> http://groups.google.co.in/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/0a9b94b61ee59eff?dmode=source&hl=en
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Don Simard" <donsimard@cablespeed.com> wrote in message
>>I have Windows XP Home Edition
>>
>> I dragged a folder (My Pictures) from a User account to the Shared
>> Documents folder so others could assess them. That worked fine... but I
>> recently noticed the Shared Documents folder in the My Computer folder is
>> now named Documents and I cannot access it. From Windows Explorer, the
>> pop-up says
>>
>> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents is not accessible.
>> Access is denied.
>>

>> I then logged in as Administrator and the same thing happened. I brought
>> up a CMD window, browsed to All c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\ and
>> had the following results
>> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users>dir Documents\*.*
>> Volume in drive C has no label.
>> Volume Serial Number is B02A-BBE1
>>
>> Directory of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents
>>
>> File Not Found
>>
>> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users>dir /s Documents
>> Volume in drive C has no label.
>> Volume Serial Number is B02A-BBE1
>> File Not Found
>>
>> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users>cacls Documents\* /g everyone:f
>> Are you sure (Y/N)?y
>> Access is denied.
>>
>> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users>
>>
>> ok - what is going on and how do I restore the Documents to a Shared
>> Documents folder!??
>>

>> Don

You're welcome.

--