Hard drive question

Mike

Splendid

Does anyone know the name of the piece that the hard drive plugs in to? It
would be a female piece that the hard drive plugs into, then plugs into the
laptop with a male piece on the other end. I know, sounds kind of
confusing, but I don't have a better way of describing this piece. Just for
further information, the laptop is an Inspiron 8200.

I'd appreciate any help or advice that I can get.

Thanks!!!

Mike

Mike,

I don't know its name, but neither Dell nor 3rd party parts sellers will sell it
separately from an entire drive tray kit.

http://www.parts-people.com/ had a similar kit for a Latitude C810 that I was
refurbishing. Cost me less than $12.50 including shipping. Dell's spare parts
quoted me $15 (no mention of shipping costs at the time), but did not have the
drive tray kits in stock... Ben Myers

Mike wrote:
> Does anyone know the name of the piece that the hard drive plugs in to? It
> would be a female piece that the hard drive plugs into, then plugs into the
> laptop with a male piece on the other end.

Might be called a "carrier"?

My old ThinkPad used one, circa 2000, but the new one, circa 2003,
doesn't - the HDD just plugs into the chassis, very convenient.

Al

It's Called a hard drive caddy.
al