MS Upgrade

CMW_55

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
I had a virus meltdown and decided to upgrade to Windows 7 and also upgrade the Office software at the same time. I had the data backed up on a Windows Home Server. Is there an easy way to get Outlook populated with the old data/history/contacts?

Thanks,

CMW

You then also must open the pst file from within Outlook. To do this, open Outlook and go to File > Open > Open Outlook Data file. Double click on the pst file you moved over from the server and you should see it in Outlook at the left of the window.

CMW_55

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010

Thank you for assuming I know very little about computers. You are correct.

I am still having some trouble. On the Windows Server I have opened my backup for this computer before the crash. Where do I find the most current outlook email history (file) to restore? It was backed up every night and since I have a lot of storage on the Server I backed up the whole computer, not just selected files. buwish's answer said 'if you backed up properly' so I'm not sure what 'properly' meant.

Thanks,

CMW

G

Search the backup for a file called Outlook.pst. It contains all your Outlook data. It can be imported into Outlook.