MS32Info Problems

Every time I try to retrieve advanced system information about my computer
using the "Tools & Help" menu I get a pop-up window that says "Error 2". Is
there any way to fix this? I'm trying to get the MAC address for an
installed wireless card without having to open the box. I've also tried
fixing using one of the recommended sites but still get the same problem.
3 answers Last reply
More about ms32info problems

    Every I try to launch MS32Info I get a message stating "Error 2". The Tools
    and Help is the help that comes with Win XP. Within the help you can
    navigate to a page that allows you to launch MS32info. Regardless, the
    utility does not work.

    --
    Lamar Family
    DKLamar@comcast.net
    "DLamar" <DLamar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Every time I try to retrieve advanced system information about my computer
    > using the "Tools & Help" menu I get a pop-up window that says "Error 2".
    > Is
    > there any way to fix this? I'm trying to get the MAC address for an
    > installed wireless card without having to open the box. I've also tried
    > fixing using one of the recommended sites but still get the same problem.

    Hi,

    I don't see any "Tools and Help" menu in MSINFO32. To find the MAC Address,
    open MSINFO32. Double-click Components, double-click Network. Select
    Adapter. In the right-pane you'll find the required info.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "DLamar" <DLamar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Every time I try to retrieve advanced system information about my computer
    > using the "Tools & Help" menu I get a pop-up window that says "Error 2".
    > Is
    > there any way to fix this? I'm trying to get the MAC address for an
    > installed wireless card without having to open the box. I've also tried
    > fixing using one of the recommended sites but still get the same problem.

    System Info tool requires WMI Service to be running - is it? You may need
    to repair WMI; google for it.

    The simplest way to get the mac address(s) is to use the command line:

    open a "Command Prompt" (start | accessories | command prompt)

    type: getmac

    if you have more than one adapter you will need to figure out which one is
    which. disable them one at a time and repeat to figure this out.

    type: exit

Microsoft Windows XP