MS32Info Problems

June 3, 2005 12:46:01 AM

Every time I try to retrieve advanced system information about my computer
using the "Tools & Help" menu I get a pop-up window that says "Error 2". Is
there any way to fix this? I'm trying to get the MAC address for an
installed wireless card without having to open the box. I've also tried
fixing using one of the recommended sites but still get the same problem.

More about : ms32info problems

Anonymous
June 3, 2005 1:07:38 PM

Every I try to launch MS32Info I get a message stating "Error 2". The Tools
and Help is the help that comes with Win XP. Within the help you can
navigate to a page that allows you to launch MS32info. Regardless, the
utility does not work.

--
Lamar Family
DKLamar@comcast.net
"DLamar" <DLamar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I try to retrieve advanced system information about my computer
> using the "Tools & Help" menu I get a pop-up window that says "Error 2".
> Is
> there any way to fix this? I'm trying to get the MAC address for an
> installed wireless card without having to open the box. I've also tried
> fixing using one of the recommended sites but still get the same problem.
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 1:55:52 PM

Hi,

I don't see any "Tools and Help" menu in MSINFO32. To find the MAC Address,
open MSINFO32. Double-click Components, double-click Network. Select
Adapter. In the right-pane you'll find the required info.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"DLamar" <DLamar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I try to retrieve advanced system information about my computer
> using the "Tools & Help" menu I get a pop-up window that says "Error 2".
> Is
> there any way to fix this? I'm trying to get the MAC address for an
> installed wireless card without having to open the box. I've also tried
> fixing using one of the recommended sites but still get the same problem.
June 3, 2005 10:58:18 PM

System Info tool requires WMI Service to be running - is it? You may need
to repair WMI; google for it.

The simplest way to get the mac address(s) is to use the command line:

open a "Command Prompt" (start | accessories | command prompt)

type: getmac

if you have more than one adapter you will need to figure out which one is
which. disable them one at a time and repeat to figure this out.

type: exit
!