Corrupt Media Player Licenses

I recently installed Rhapsody on my WinXP Home SP2 machine. Everytime I
launch the application I recieve two error messages (the same message one
after the other) stating that "It appears that the Windows Media Licesense
(WMDRM) on your PC are corrupt.

I've tried followign the instructions found in MS Article 810422, but I can
not get things to work.

Any suggestions?

Try this Newsgroup:
Windows Media Player NG
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/community/newsgroups/WindowsMedia/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player&lang=en&cr=US

"TaurArian" wrote:
> Try this Newsgroup:
> Windows Media Player NG
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/community/newsgroups/WindowsMedia/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player&lang=en&cr=US
>
> "DLamar" <DLamar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently installed Rhapsody on my WinXP Home SP2 machine.
> Everytime I
> > launch the application I recieve two error messages (the
> same message one
> > after the other) stating that "It appears that the Windows
> Media Licesense
> > (WMDRM) on your PC are corrupt.
> >
> > I've tried followign the instructions found in MS Article
> 810422, but I can
> > not get things to work.
> >
> > Any suggestions?

I got this from Rhapsody support after over a week of troubleshooting.
I suffered for everyone. I could not find a single post with a
resolution out there, so you’re welcome. :lol:

1. Close Rhapsody.
2. Download the Rhap_DRM_Reset.exe file.
http://service.real.com/rhapsody/download/Rhap_DRM_Reset.exe
3. Launch the Rhap_DRM_Reset.exe.
4. The Technical Support Tool will open. Click the Reset Windows Media
DRM.
5. You will be prompted to Restart. Click YES to restart the computer.
6. Do a clean removal then re-install of Rhapsody (see two attached
kbs below).

Title: How do I uninstall Rhapsody? (clean install version)

Title: How do I reinstall Rhapsody?

Problem should be resolved after the clean install of Rhapsody.

IF YOU STILL HAVE PROBLEMS, THEN CONTINUE.

STEP A: DETERMINE YOUR WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER VERSION

Open Windows Media Player and click on the "Help" menu, now click
"About Windows Media Player"
* If you cannot see the menu then please maximize the media player
window

If you have Windows Media Player 9 then please skip step B and go
directly to step C

STEP B: ROLLBACK TO WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 9

You will need to roll back your installation to media player 9.

1. Click the Windows Start button.
2. Go to Control Panel
3. Go to Add/Remove Programs
4. On the top right, check the box that says "Show Updates"
5. Scroll down and find ’Windows Media Player 10’
6. Click ’Change/Remove’ and then click ’OK’ when prompted to roll
back to v9

After Media Player 10 uninstalls you will be prompted to reboot your
machine, go ahead and restart machine then continue to step 3.

STEP C: INSTALL WINDOWS MEDIA 10 AND UPDATE DRM COMPONENTS

1. Install Windows Media Player 10 from the link below:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/AllDownloads.aspx?displang=en&qstechnology=

2. Check for any critical updates - Rolling Windows Media back to v9
may cause some media player specific fixes to be uninstalled.

1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Click "Tools"
3. Click "Windows Update"
4. Install all critical updates and reboot your computer if prompted

3. Update the Windows DRM Individualization components

Please go to the following website and click "Upgrade" when the page
loads

http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite/en/indivit.asp

REBOOT your computer

STEP D: AUTHORIZE YOUR COMPUTER WITH RHAPSODY 3

1. Open Rhapsody
2. Click "Tools"
3. Click "Authorize"

OR MAYBE TRY THIS

To fix the issue, I recommend you perform R1PClean and then delete
Real, Real player, local.seb folders by following the steps given
below:

1.

a) From the Desktop, double click on the "My Computer" icon
b) Double click on the "C drive" icon
c) Double click on the "Program Files" folder
d) Double click on the "Real" folder
e) Double click on the "RealPlayer" folder
f) Double click on the "Setup" folder
g) Double click on the ".R1PClean.exe" file
h) Once you initialize this it will ask if you are sure? Click Yes

When this is complete you will also want to delete two folders on your
system.

Folder 1:

a) From the Desktop, double click on the "My Computer" icon
b) Double click on the "C drive" icon
c) Double click on the "Program Files" folder
d) Double click on the "Common Files" folder
e) Right click on the "Real" folder and choose delete, then close
that folder

Folder 2:

a) From the Desktop, double click on the "My Computer" icon
b) Double click on the "C drive" icon
c) Double click on the "Program Files" folder
d) Double click on the "Real" folder
e) Right click on the "RealPlayer" folder and select delete, then
close that folder

2. Delete the local.seb file from c:\documents and
settings\user\real\rhapsody\local.seb
3. Perform a DRM reset and update from MS at the following URL:
- http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite/en/indivit.asp
4. Perform a full install of Rhap3 from listen.com and then
re-authorize computer.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Corrupt-Media-Player-Licenses-ftopict541909.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1725749

TRENDING THREADS