Unexpected error (0)

I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 98 SE to Windows XP Pro but I'm getting
"an unexpected error (0) occurred at line 1768 in
d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\arcdisp.c. Press any key to continue."

An error in D: with most computers would indicate a problem with the cdrom.
Does or has windows already started the installation,if so you'd need to
start
over.Why not install xp cd,boot to cd(set BIOS for this),then at info
screen select,
install xp,new copy,delete the partition(98),create one,then xp formats the
hd
and does a clean installation.XP doesnt need any 98 files,and upgradeing from
98 youre installing xp in FAT32 file system,xp uses ntfs.