Unexpected error (0)

I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 98 SE to Windows XP Pro but I'm getting
"an unexpected error (0) occurred at line 1768 in
d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\arcdisp.c. Press any key to continue."
2 answers Last reply
More about unexpected error

    An error in D: with most computers would indicate a problem with the cdrom.
    Does or has windows already started the installation,if so you'd need to
    start
    over.Why not install xp cd,boot to cd(set BIOS for this),then at info
    screen select,
    install xp,new copy,delete the partition(98),create one,then xp formats the
    hd
    and does a clean installation.XP doesnt need any 98 files,and upgradeing from
    98 youre installing xp in FAT32 file system,xp uses ntfs.

    IrvingR wrote:
    > I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 98 SE to Windows XP Pro
    > but I'm getting "an unexpected error (0) occurred at line
    > 1768 in d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\arcdisp.c. Press any
    > key to continue."

    You might want to take a look at this article:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-AU;316400

    Nepatsfan

Microsoft Windows XP