My Video Card and its voltage

Elizabeth

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2004
I have an ATIRADEON 9800 Pro 128-256 bits and my Power Supply is a Fortron FSP350Watts AURORA.

I have not finished to build my computer yet. I do know that my video card requieres 1.5 volts from the power supply.

I know I just have to pick any molex connector from the PSU and plug it to the video card...

MY QUESTION: how does the Power Supply delivers different voltages to the different devices?...(I am talking using the 4 pins molex connectors). Does it have an automatic adjustment system that allows it to deliver different voltages according to the needs of each device?

Thanks for the input.

My video Card and Power supply will go with an

Athlon 64 3000+ and an ASUS K8N socket 754

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Molex plugs have no 3.3v lines. They are 12v/5v.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The video card has an onboard voltage regulator for the power supplied by the molex connection. The molex is supposed to supply 12v and 5v power full time for all devices.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>