e and d drives missing cannot burn cannot read date or aud..

thanks for your reply, but after my cd roms went missing I now get this
OLEAUT.32DLL IS OUT OF DATE, AND WHEN I DOWLOADED THE FILE HERE THAT
YOU GAVE ME IT WILL NOT LET ME OPEN IT--AND IT SAYS THAT THE
OLEAUT.32DLL IS OUT OF DATE I ALSO HAD DOWNLOADED THIS FILE TO NO
AVAILE. CAN I RESTORE MY XP DRIVES ONLY?? I KNOW I CAN RESTORE MY XP
FILES ONLY--WITHOUT DOING A WHOLE SYSTEM RESTORE. PLEASE CAN YOU HELP
ME ON THAT, BECUASE I AM THINKING I WILL HAVE TO RESTORE THE FILES AT
LEAST, BUT IF I CAN DO THE DRIVERS TOO WOULD LOVE TO DO THAT, BUT DO
NOT WANT TO DO AN ENTIRE SYSTEM RESTORE, UNLESS THAT WAS MY ONLY HOPE.
THANKS, TAMIE.

TaurArian Wrote:
> Win XP Fixes: Restore CD/DVD Drives to Explorer
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm
>
> CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code
> 19, or Code
> 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP
> http://tinyurl.com/49z4b
> In My Computer, there is no access to your CD-ROMs.
> In Device Manager, the following error message appears in connection
> with any CD-ROM
> device that is part of your computer system:
> The device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the
> drivers required
> for this device (Code 31).
> Device Manager displays the following error message:
> A driver for this device was not required, and has been disabled (Code
> 32 or Code
> 31).
> You may also receive an error Code 39 message that indicates that the
> driver is
> corrupted.
> Device Manager displays the following error Code 19 message, which
> means that the
> registry returned some unknown result:
> Your registry might be corrupted. (Code 19)
> You may also receive the following error message:
> Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but
> cannot find the
> hardware device. (Code 41)
>
> http://tinyurl.com/4d7l
> CD-ROM Drive or DVD-ROM Drive Missing After You Install Windows XP
> An incorrect device driver was installed for the CD-ROM device.
>
> tamie17 wrote:-
> Hi I am new, and I have XP home edition. I had several bugs etc. a
> few
> months back--about 6 months back, I learned a lot & got rid of
> everything and my computer is well protected now and bug free. but
> off
> and on my e drive was there then not there, it was there after all
> the
> bugs were gotten rid of, I really think all of this has something to
> do when I had my digital camera set on drive instead of camera when I
> hooked it to my computer to load the photos on. anyway, my e drive
> was
> not showing up, it has power etc. and will not play any cds audio or
> any kind. will not burn either. then now my d and e drives are both
> missing, how do I get tehm back?? them back?? am very sure its a
> software problem. One day I was messing around with the computer
> trying to figure out how I could get them back and after restarting
> the e drive was back, not the d though, but after a few days, I may
> have had to restart or load more photos from my digital camera, I do
> not remember what I had to do, but then it went away again-- the E
> drive and the D drive too is not there, so I cannot play any cds data
> or audio nor use my burner! can anyone help please? I need a very
> detailed plain jane instructions if you can help. thanks! Tamie.

tamie17

--
Treeman