C110 5 Minute mystery Startup delay

j0,
I've had this for a while, there is a five minute delay in loading my
taskbar and anything network related. The taskbar takes 5 minutes to load
(nothing really is happening in these 5 minutes), and my network places will
only load once that has loaded as well. I didn't put that very well. So
here's the key evidence,
My application event viewer logs show a 4.5 - 5 minute startup delay between
wuaueng.dll stopping and starting, which seems to be the range of time that
the taskbar and network places fail to load.
12:54:42 - wuaueng.dll (1476) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine
started a new instance (0).
12:59:43 - wuaueng.dll (1476) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine
stopped the instance (0).
I disabled TCP/IP 6 and Fast user switching, because originally the delay
appeared to be between these two instances. But that didn't help. I'm posting
this here because someone else seemed to have the same problem with their
C110 with it being related to the Wireless Stack startup, which doesn't seem
right...

Anyway, any ideas?

Try using a static ip:
start/run, type:
hh %windir%\Help\tcpip.chm::/sag_tcpip_pro_manualconfig.htm

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509