Need help abt winxp

Hi,
Pls tell me, after how many days winxp pro needs to restart.
--
Thanks and Regards,
Yogesh N.

Gordon

"Yogesh Newaskar" wrote:

> Hi,
> Pls tell me, after how many days winxp pro needs to restart.

It shouldn't NEED to restart at all! Unless you've installed applications
and/or devices that need a re-start in order to complete the installation. Do
you have some sort of problem with XP re-starting on it's own?

Gordon wrote:
> "Yogesh Newaskar" wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>Pls tell me, after how many days winxp pro needs to restart.
>

> It shouldn't NEED to restart at all! Unless you've installed applications
> and/or devices that need a re-start in order to complete the installation. Do
> you have some sort of problem with XP re-starting on it's own?

I'm under the impression that some programs leave "stuff" in memory
after close-down. Unless you occasionally reboot, I would assume that
it won't be cleaned up.

Is there some software or other approach to do that?

You can get software to 'reclaim' memory that was lost to memory leaks,
but why bother when you can just restart the pc.
Leaving your pc running 24hrs a day is pointless, and does nothing
except use more electricity. Claims of CPU expansion are foolish. Your
CPU will be obsolete long before it wears out from heating up and
cooling down.