browny

ok so i bought some good ram and inserted in my comp, it was a 512 PC-3200,
now when i restarted my comp it kept restarting again and again, but when i
take it out its back to normal,
is there any diffrences between PC2100, 2700 & 3100.

"Browny" <Browny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ok so i bought some good ram and inserted in my comp, it was a 512
> PC-3200,
> now when i restarted my comp it kept restarting again and again, but when
> take it out its back to normal,
> is there any diffrences between PC2100, 2700 & 3100.

Yes

You answered your own question while typing it in. If the numbers are
different the ram is different. Go to the following link to find out what
type of ram you need.

www.kingston.com

Kerry

browny

ok i really confused!
but ive found info about my comp, could you please help me?
my comp is a packard bell i-xtreme 6052, and says it takes DDR SDRAM (that i
dont understand)
ALSO it says my comp can use PC3200!

> ok i really confused!
> but ive found info about my comp, could you please help me?
> my comp is a packard bell i-xtreme 6052, and says it takes DDR SDRAM (that
> dont understand)
> ALSO it says my comp can use PC3200!

Then either the ram is bad, your motherboard is bad, or the ram was
installed incorrectly. Did you remove any other ram that was installed?

Kerry

browny

no there was already a 256mb already installed so i added to the other port.

> no there was already a 256mb already installed so i added to the other
> port.

Try it without the 256 MB installed. Some brands or types of ram may not be
compatible with other types or brands. Check the following link for support
and details on how to set your BIOS for different types of ram.

http://www.packardbell.com/products/support.htm

Kerry

dl

Yes a great many
Even if your mobo uses PC3200 not all will neccessarily install without
problems.
Go to, eg Crucile or Kingston web site and use the configeration tool to
identify memory suitable for your sys/mobo/cpu

"Browny" <Browny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ok so i bought some good ram and inserted in my comp, it was a 512
PC-3200,
> now when i restarted my comp it kept restarting again and again, but when
> take it out its back to normal,
> is there any diffrences between PC2100, 2700 & 3100.

dl

Not neccessarily so, Unless ram was supplied by eg Kinston, and it was the
ram specified by the configeration tool.
In my mobo which supports PC3200 I had to manually adjust bios settings for
Corsair PC3200 in order for it to run with my cpu

Browny wrote:
> ok so i bought some good ram and inserted in my comp, it was a 512 PC-3200,
> now when i restarted my comp it kept restarting again and again, but when i
> take it out its back to normal,
> is there any diffrences between PC2100, 2700 & 3100.

It is absolutely essential that any new RAM module(s) be fully
compatible with both the motherboard and/or any other RAM module(s)
already in the system. Additionally, there are sometimes jumper
switches on older motherboards that need to be reset for new RAM
configurations. Consult your motherboard's manual or the
manufacturer's web site for specific instructions and compatibility
requirements.

If you cannot lay your hands upon the computer's manual and the
manufacturer doesn't provide a support web site, you can use these
utilities to help determine the correct type of RAM needed:

SiSoft's Sandra
http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/index.php?dir=&location=sware_dl&lang=en

Belarc Advisor

Unlimited Possibilities' AIDA32
http://forum.aumha.org/overflow/aida32.zip

Also, Crucial Memory's web site (www.crucial.com) has a database
to help to find the right RAM for your specific make and model
computer and/or motherboard.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

dl

Your mobo manual, or web site

> how can i tell if my mobo supports 3200, 2700 ect.

frodo

you could try clearing the cmos; motherboard manual should tell you how.

is the system a dual-channel system? if so the two sticks should be
matched, or it might not work. You can get it to work by disabling
dual-channel mode. again, clearing the cmos should reset the bios to use
it's most liberal settings, thus getting it to at least boot cleanly.
Then you can enter the bios and tweak.