Cannot install xp, getting copy errors

when I try to install xp on a newly formatted drive, I get the copy errors of
winsrv.dll and wldap32.dll cannot be copied???
I have received this error on two different drives now.
pc info
amd 1900
512 ddr
5 drives, 80, 40, 30 and 12 gb
the problem was discovered while reconfiguring my hardware to work with
video editting more smoothly. the drives in question were formatted and then
a clean install of xp was being performed. I have the original boot hdd,
hence the ability to access this site.
I need this working yesterday so any help greatly appreciated
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot install copy errors

    "hollowpoint" <hollowpoint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when I try to install xp on a newly formatted drive, I get the copy errors
    > of
    > winsrv.dll and wldap32.dll cannot be copied???
    > I have received this error on two different drives now.
    > pc info
    > amd 1900
    > 512 ddr
    > 5 drives, 80, 40, 30 and 12 gb
    > the problem was discovered while reconfiguring my hardware to work with
    > video editting more smoothly. the drives in question were formatted and
    > then
    > a clean install of xp was being performed. I have the original boot hdd,
    > hence the ability to access this site.
    > I need this working yesterday so any help greatly appreciated

    The errors are probably when reading the CD. Try cleaning the CD. Try a
    different CD. Try a different CD drive.

    Kerry

Windows XP