DSL Setup Problem

June 3, 2005 11:29:01 AM

I have been unable to successfully setup BellSouth DSL on my brand new Dell
computer with Windowns XP Media Center. I have spoken twice to BellSouth
support and once with Dell Support. No one has been able to solve problem or
figure out why I can not access any internet site. Everything seems to be
working properly--just can't pull up a webpage. Did all the ping, config,
connection checks already and reset TCP/IP connections several times. Can't
someone help!?

More about : dsl setup problem

Anonymous
June 3, 2005 3:47:51 PM

Any error messages?

Does BellSouth have any diagnostic tools like SBC has for their DSL
customers in California?

Any Event Viewer information that looks suspicious?

Have you run antivirus and antispyware (e.g. Ad-aware & Spybot) software?

Have you tried deleting your IE History and your Temporary Internet Files?

You may also want to consider an XP Repair Install.

Or you could even add a second account (with Administrator privileges) in
the event you have a corrupted user account.

Finally, you could use the Network Setup Wizard (Control Panel) to add a new
connection.

--
Michael

"nikjack" <nikjack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been unable to successfully setup BellSouth DSL on my brand new Dell
> computer with Windows XP Media Center. I have spoken twice to BellSouth
> support and once with Dell Support. No one has been able to solve problem
> or
> figure out why I can not access any internet site. Everything seems to be
> working properly--just can't pull up a web page. Did all the ping,
> config,
> connection checks already and reset TCP/IP connections several times.
> Can't
> someone help!?
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 11:31:28 PM