Problems with acer laptop battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

yugaro114

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
Hi my acer battery for my laptop wont charge even if it hasthe charger plugged into it. What is wrong with it? When i unplug the charger from the outlet in the wall, and then plug it back init will charge for a couple minutes and then stop charging. Do i have to buy a new battery, or is there something can do to get it to start charging again.

chugot9218

Honorable
You will probably have to buy a new battery, I think there may be some "home-grown" solutions that may extend/restore the life, but I am not familiar with them and would not recommend it! Newer batteries are better on this, but to extend battery life it is actually best to let the battery, more or less, completely drain on occasion, as opposed to having it permanently plugged in. Having my laptop plugged in to take advantage of the "high power" settings seriously degraded my battery life.

yugaro114

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
Thanks, I have had my laptop for about 5 years, and it never had this problem till now. Do you think that, that could be part of the problem. And should i let it drain and then charge it now.

chugot9218

Honorable
You can try, I doubt at this point it will help. However, 5 years is pretty good on a single battery, you should be glad such an easily replaceable part is the only thing that has gone! Batteries do have a limited work cycle and will eventually lose their ability to hold a charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.