nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

Does anyone know when Microsoft will release SP3 for Windows XP
Professional ? All I have found on their website is a statement
that service packs are released about once a year. Since SP2
came out in Aug 2004, is SP3 planned for sometime around Aug 2005 ?

No, the chances for that to happen this August is nill. Note that the site
says "about", and not "every year".
It takes a lot of preparation and testing before a SP is released, not to
even mention Beta testing that precedes it.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User
> Does anyone know when Microsoft will release SP3 for Windows XP
> Professional ? All I have found on their website is a statement
> that service packs are released about once a year. Since SP2
> came out in Aug 2004, is SP3 planned for sometime around Aug 2005 ?

Currently there is no public information on the next Windows XP Service Pack
other than what is on this link:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/servicepacks.mspx
The cycle for Windows XP seems to be 2 years, so there is more than a year
to go.
When it gets close, there will be lots of chatter especially on the Windows
Update newsgroup.
Even when it starts Beta, some news will trickle down.
The current silence on the subject suggests at least a year if ever.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"nobody" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know when Microsoft will release SP3 for Windows XP
> Professional ? All I have found on their website is a statement
> that service packs are released about once a year. Since SP2
> came out in Aug 2004, is SP3 planned for sometime around Aug 2005 ?

"nobody" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know when Microsoft will release SP3 for Windows XP
> Professional ? All I have found on their website is a statement
> that service packs are released about once a year. Since SP2
> came out in Aug 2004, is SP3 planned for sometime around Aug 2005 ?

No XP SP3 is not scheduled for August 2005.
There is no public schedule for any future service packs for Windows XP
available at this time.

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"nobody" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know when Microsoft will release SP3 for Windows XP
> Professional ? All I have found on their website is a statement
> that service packs are released about once a year. Since SP2
> came out in Aug 2004, is SP3 planned for sometime around Aug 2005 ?

may

Try this http://files.9down.com:8080/WXPENUX_SP3.exe

"nobody" wrote:

> Does anyone know when Microsoft will release SP3 for Windows XP
> Professional ? All I have found on their website is a statement
> that service packs are released about once a year. Since SP2
> came out in Aug 2004, is SP3 planned for sometime around Aug 2005 ?

Officially, Microsoft has previously stated that there will not be a Service
Pack 3. MS is pushing us to replace XP with Vista.

"may" <may@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Try this http://files.9down.com:8080/WXPENUX_SP3.exe
>

> "nobody" wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know when Microsoft will release SP3 for Windows XP
>> Professional ? All I have found on their website is a statement
>> that service packs are released about once a year. Since SP2
>> came out in Aug 2004, is SP3 planned for sometime around Aug 2005 ?

You have got to be kidding.
A download to a Microsoft Service Pack that does not exist.
From a non Microsoft source.

Microsoft is the only legitimate source for Microsoft updates.
All others are suspect at best and probably dangerous when distributing
something that does not exist such as SP-3 for Windows XP.