Windows Messenger 5.1 Does not sign me in automatically

Running Windows Messenger 5.1 and it doesn't sign me in to my sip account
automatically when I start Windows. I've uninstalled MSN messenger from my XP
SP2 machine and it still doesn't sign me in. I have to manually sign in every
time I login. I've checked the "Run Windows Messenger when Windows Starts"
box, but to no avail. Are there any registry settings I could tweak perhaps?
--
Sandy Wood
Orange County District Attorney

    "Sandy Wood" wrote:

    > Running Windows Messenger 5.1 and it doesn't sign me in to my sip account
    > automatically when I start Windows. I've uninstalled MSN messenger from my XP
    > SP2 machine and it still doesn't sign me in. I have to manually sign in every
    > time I login. I've checked the "Run Windows Messenger when Windows Starts"
    > box, but to no avail. Are there any registry settings I could tweak perhaps?
    > --
    > Sandy Wood
    > Orange County District Attorney

    Sandy,

    I have had a similar problem for sometime now with both Windows Messenger
    4.7 and then 5.1. It will not automatically sign-in, even to the .NET service
    on some of my machines. Even though Messenger is set to automatically
    sign-in, I must manually sign-in on certain machines. Interestingly, if I
    create a new user account on one of the problem machines and set Windows
    Messenger to automatically sign-in to one of the "problem" accounts, it works
    fine inside the new account.

    Hopefully someone will reply with a good solution. I'm sure this is not an
    isolated problem.

    You know, I may try deleting my profile and logging back in to see if it runs
    ok then.
    --

    "Philh" wrote:

    > "Sandy Wood" wrote:
    >
    > > Running Windows Messenger 5.1 and it doesn't sign me in to my sip account
    > > automatically when I start Windows. I've uninstalled MSN messenger from my XP
    > > SP2 machine and it still doesn't sign me in. I have to manually sign in every
    > > time I login. I've checked the "Run Windows Messenger when Windows Starts"
    > > box, but to no avail. Are there any registry settings I could tweak perhaps?
    > > --
    > > Sandy Wood
    > > Orange County District Attorney
    >
    > Sandy,
    >
    > I have had a similar problem for sometime now with both Windows Messenger
    > 4.7 and then 5.1. It will not automatically sign-in, even to the .NET service
    > on some of my machines. Even though Messenger is set to automatically
    > sign-in, I must manually sign-in on certain machines. Interestingly, if I
    > create a new user account on one of the problem machines and set Windows
    > Messenger to automatically sign-in to one of the "problem" accounts, it works
    > fine inside the new account.
    >
    > Hopefully someone will reply with a good solution. I'm sure this is not an
    > isolated problem.

Messenger Windows XP