Windows Messenger 5.1 Does not sign me in automatically

June 3, 2005 2:11:02 PM

Running Windows Messenger 5.1 and it doesn't sign me in to my sip account
automatically when I start Windows. I've uninstalled MSN messenger from my XP
SP2 machine and it still doesn't sign me in. I have to manually sign in every
time I login. I've checked the "Run Windows Messenger when Windows Starts"
box, but to no avail. Are there any registry settings I could tweak perhaps?
--
Sandy Wood
Orange County District Attorney

"Sandy Wood" wrote:

> Running Windows Messenger 5.1 and it doesn't sign me in to my sip account
> automatically when I start Windows. I've uninstalled MSN messenger from my XP
> SP2 machine and it still doesn't sign me in. I have to manually sign in every
> time I login. I've checked the "Run Windows Messenger when Windows Starts"
> box, but to no avail. Are there any registry settings I could tweak perhaps?
> --
> Sandy Wood
> Orange County District Attorney

Sandy,

I have had a similar problem for sometime now with both Windows Messenger
4.7 and then 5.1. It will not automatically sign-in, even to the .NET service
on some of my machines. Even though Messenger is set to automatically
sign-in, I must manually sign-in on certain machines. Interestingly, if I
create a new user account on one of the problem machines and set Windows
Messenger to automatically sign-in to one of the "problem" accounts, it works
fine inside the new account.

Hopefully someone will reply with a good solution. I'm sure this is not an
isolated problem.
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 1:17:04 PM

You know, I may try deleting my profile and logging back in to see if it runs
ok then.
--

!