i keep losing broadband connection.

June 3, 2005 4:55:34 PM

Hi , i have had this issue for awhile where my broadband connection "hic
ups". I thought maybe it was my provider but i recently changed from dsl to
cable and it is still doing it. The only way I really know is that MSN
messenger and Yahoo messenger sign off at the same time. I did have a
problem back when i had dial up where the connection would just stop for no
apparent reason. I am wondering if anyone as any ideas on how to fix this,
as it is apparently my computer and not the isp's issue.

Thank You.
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 10:48:48 PM

could be lots of things, but the main suspects would be firewall,
browser or browser settings, antivirus or programs like HideIP,
Proxamatron, or spyware killers. Because AOl and MSN disconnect at the
same time, it COULD be the NIC, i suppose, either the driver or the
hardware.

It might be lower down, eg IP leases running out or some part of the
networking susbsystem thats gone corrupt.

--
guestfromhell
guestfromhell's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=12490