Restarting

joker

I am in hell. My home computer keeps restarting every 5-10 minutes. I have
no idea why. I had this problem before, but I removed some corrupt driver
and it was fixed. I do not have the automatic shutdown option selected, but
apparently that does not matter. I never get a blue screen or a reason,
just a shutdown. Any ideas?
--
Joker
"...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me."

When the pc is booting up (after the BIOS has done its POST test and
before Windows starts loading),
Tap F8 Function key to get bootup options.
You will actually see "Disable automatic restart on system failure" as an
option .
Select that and give it a try.

Once restart on failure is disabled, you should get a STOP error with
text --- at the next problem.
Write it all down, and then start searching for the final solution.

At this time, you have no idea why its restarting. Some of many
possibilities is an incompatible program, a bad device driver, or bad RAM
memory.
Take a look at the Troubleshooting Windows STOP messages at Aumha.org

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User