Backup Program

I am running Windows XP Home on a Compaq Presario R3000. The other day I
went looking for the Backup program so I could backup my registry (I have an
adware program that needs removing, I have the instructions....different
forum all together). Anyway, long story short, I don't hae the Backup
program. It's not in my Start menu where it oughta be and a search of the
hard drive doesn't turn it up either? Any ideas as to why I may not have it
or where it might be hiding? I've had the computer about 6 months and
haven't had occasion to use the Backup so just now noticed it's missing.

Thanks!

Carrieant wrote:
> I am running Windows XP Home on a Compaq Presario R3000.
> The other day I went looking for the Backup program so I
> could backup my registry (I have an adware program that
> needs removing, I have the instructions....different forum
> all together). Anyway, long story short, I don't hae the
> Backup program. It's not in my Start menu where it oughta
> be and a search of the hard drive doesn't turn it up either?
> Any ideas as to why I may not have it or where it might be
> hiding? I've had the computer about 6 months and haven't
> had occasion to use the Backup so just now noticed it's
> missing.
>
> Thanks!

If your computer came with an XP installation CD you can
install the Backup program by running ntbackup.msi from the
VALUEADD\MSFT\NTBACKUP folder. If you've only got a recovery CD
then you'll have to download the file here:

http://www.onecomputerguy.com/software/ntbackup.msi

Nepatsfan