Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Visual Basic Wont work on windows 7? WHAT!!!!

Last response: in Windows 7
September 7, 2009 4:06:55 PM

I just tried installing Visual Basic 6.0 enterprise and it had compatible issues and wouldnt install... anyone know or have a version that works? i need this for my computer graphics class.. PLEASE HELP!
September 7, 2009 4:35:12 PM

Setup virtual PC / vmware and install an XP image
m
l
September 7, 2009 7:28:05 PM

alright can you like guide me through on how to do that exactly? iv never messed with vms before lol
m
l
Related resources
September 7, 2009 7:47:49 PM

i was reading up and it looks like vb6 will work in xp mode of win7, so can i just switch to xp mode, install it and just run it in the mode whenever i need to use it?
m
l
September 7, 2009 9:06:31 PM

I had an issue with another program when the install failed win popped up on it's own and asked me if I wanted to install in compatibility mode and let me pic the os i wanted back several versions actually. When that failed i got yet another menu letting me pick setting as basic as 256 color, which I haven't seen since dos programs.

My point is just try the install and win7 will walk you through it.
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
September 7, 2009 11:14:54 PM

slong said:
i was reading up and it looks like vb6 will work in xp mode of win7, so can i just switch to xp mode, install it and just run it in the mode whenever i need to use it?

Checkout the info on how to at Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.as...
!