Lost files

June 4, 2005 3:17:25 AM

Hi,

I need help!

I was trying to burn a CD but it failed and my PC crashed. I restarted the
PC and got some sort of scandisk/checkdisk utility which ran and found a
number of bad clusters which it said that it had fixed. Unfortunately, the
folder where I was trying to burn the files from has suddenly become empty
even though my HDD still shows the 17GB that seems lost. Is there any way of
recovering these files or are they lost for good? If I need software to help
solve this please supply me with any info.

Help!

Thanks

Alex.

More about : lost files

August 24, 2005 4:42:03 PM

I just had the same problem. I was burning a DVD, and it didn't work.
Rebooted the computer and had the same utility come up. When Windows loaded,
all of 'My Documents' had been wiped clean. There is still some other stuff
on the drive. The hard drive still recognizes the space as being used.

I thought that this sounded like a worm or trojan so I ran norton on it. It
didn't come with anything, but when it scanned the drive (it was my D drive),
I seen it scanning all of the files that are missing. They were in a
directory called:
found.0000\dir0000.chk

I can not find this directory on the disk. I have changed the attributes to
show hidden files and directories and still nothing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

!