PC won't turn off automatically on XP

Hi

After shutdown it says it's now safe to turn the pc off but it does not
power the PC off. Even with APM option ticked. It worked with w98. Do
you think that I need to update the BIOS for it to work with XP? Thanks
for suggestions

http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php
Try the above site for assistance with your issue.
Heirloom, old and thanking MS-MVP's