can I increase C drive partition without reformatting and ..

June 3, 2005 9:00:29 PM

I have at home XP SONY VAYO computer for last 2-3 years. It came
originally configured with C: and D: drives.
D drve is big about 80GB and C is smaller.
Even I do clean C drive from garbage and temp files every so often it
is at the point that there is not that much space left

I do not really keep data on C: whatever is there is insignifucant.
Most are programs. I hate to reinstall the programs because some of the
I have lost , etc,etc,
So, is there a solution? Can I move available space from D to C????

Thanks.

re:
increase C drive partition without reformatting and loosing programs
and data?
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
June 3, 2005 10:11:24 PM

I am kind of scared to loose data and programs?
Did you try it?
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 10:36:25 PM

"Mark" <tentimes5@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have at home XP SONY VAYO computer for last 2-3 years. It came
> originally configured with C: and D: drives.
> D drve is big about 80GB and C is smaller.
> Even I do clean C drive from garbage and temp files every so often it
> is at the point that there is not that much space left
>
> I do not really keep data on C: whatever is there is insignifucant.
> Most are programs. I hate to reinstall the programs because some of
> the
> I have lost , etc,etc,
> So, is there a solution? Can I move available space from D to C????

With a 3rd party program such as "Norton Partition Magic" you change the
size of partitions.

--
William
Related resources

thanks a lot
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 11:29:19 PM

>I am kind of scared to loose data and programs?
> Did you try it?

Yes I have used Norton PM and have never had any problems but I always
had a complete system backup image before I use Norton PM. If anything
went wrong, I could simply restore the system from the backup image.

--
William
Anonymous

> thanks a lot