can I increase C drive partition without reformatting and ..

I have at home XP SONY VAYO computer for last 2-3 years. It came
originally configured with C: and D: drives.
D drve is big about 80GB and C is smaller.
Even I do clean C drive from garbage and temp files every so often it
is at the point that there is not that much space left

I do not really keep data on C: whatever is there is insignifucant.
Most are programs. I hate to reinstall the programs because some of the
I have lost , etc,etc,
So, is there a solution? Can I move available space from D to C????

Thanks.

re:
increase C drive partition without reformatting and loosing programs
and data?
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
5 answers Last reply
More about increase drive partition reformatting

    I am kind of scared to loose data and programs?
    Did you try it?

    "Mark" <tentimes5@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have at home XP SONY VAYO computer for last 2-3 years. It came
    > originally configured with C: and D: drives.
    > D drve is big about 80GB and C is smaller.
    > Even I do clean C drive from garbage and temp files every so often it
    > is at the point that there is not that much space left
    >
    > I do not really keep data on C: whatever is there is insignifucant.
    > Most are programs. I hate to reinstall the programs because some of
    > the
    > I have lost , etc,etc,
    > So, is there a solution? Can I move available space from D to C????

    With a 3rd party program such as "Norton Partition Magic" you change the
    size of partitions.

    --
    William

    thanks a lot

    >I am kind of scared to loose data and programs?
    > Did you try it?

    Yes I have used Norton PM and have never had any problems but I always
    had a complete system backup image before I use Norton PM. If anything
    went wrong, I could simply restore the system from the backup image.

    --
    William

    > thanks a lot

    You're welcome.