going to coinop warehouse from NJ. want something?

i am likely going to pay lloyd a visit this week or next.
i'm renting a pickup truck for the 4 hr drive from 07737. (middletown nj)

i figure i could fit 4 games in the back standing up side by side
2 front, 2 back
or 3 laying at an angle across the bed... i think. i'm going to measure the
bed.

if anyone thinks they want me to bring something back for them.. let's talk.
you can paypal me the money for the cabinet and i figure $50 for the pickup
and delivery back to my place in 07737.. then you'd pick it up here. or if
you're really close or only a couple miles off the route we can work
something out.

i might go as early as tomorrow or as late as next wednesday.. depending on
the weather and the wife.
noth potentially stormy. haha.

i'll be bringing a big tarp to wrap the games in case it rains on the way
back.

let me know.

I am thinking about doing exactly the same thing. If you are looking
to split the rental/share the driving drop me an email. I am in
marlboro which is just down the road from middletown.

- Dan

You might want to check your measurements... I'm not sure what sort of
truck you're getting, but if it's anything short of a full size, 4
games is going to be a pain (tailgate down, risky strappage). Even with
a full bed, you'll need to avoid some of the wider games (like that
cool 4 player pong clone).

Seth
pgh, pa

mame.us

right now we're looking into one of those medium uhaul walk ins.
but yeah.. it it's like a ram 1500 or something at enterprise.

k.

"Seth, pgh pa" <pajamma@gmail.com> wrote in message
> You might want to check your measurements... I'm not sure what sort of
> truck you're getting, but if it's anything short of a full size, 4
> games is going to be a pain (tailgate down, risky strappage). Even with
> a full bed, you'll need to avoid some of the wider games (like that
> cool 4 player pong clone).
>
> Seth
> pgh, pa
>
> mame.us

Do not get one of those. They are not tall enough. I'd recommend the open
trailer from Uhaul.

Either this one for like $16 (I put 12 uprights on this one, be careful with
the weight distribution, it fishtailed like CRAZY on me over 50mph) :
http://www.uhaul.com/guide/?equipment=trailer6x12open

or this one for like $25 (I fit 6 ms pacs on this one, zero room to spare):
http://www.uhaul.com/guide/?equipment=trailer5x8open

You don't need to worry about mileage on those either.

"Keith in NJ" <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
> right now we're looking into one of those medium uhaul walk ins.
> but yeah.. it it's like a ram 1500 or something at enterprise.
>
> k.
>

> "Seth, pgh pa" <pajamma@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> You might want to check your measurements... I'm not sure what sort of
>> truck you're getting, but if it's anything short of a full size, 4
>> games is going to be a pain (tailgate down, risky strappage). Even with
>> a full bed, you'll need to avoid some of the wider games (like that
>> cool 4 player pong clone).
>>
>> Seth
>> pgh, pa
>>
>> mame.us

> i'm just concerned we rent a truck.. drive down there and it's a gamble as
> to what's still there when we get there.. and what games exactly are the $65
> ones and which are going to be 100+.
>
> i really dont have the time or money to gamble but it seems like a good
> opportunity to snag some decent looking machines.

I sent Lloyd an e-mail and from what I can see the $65 games will
mostly be the jamma games and conversions. I don't think dedicated
classics will be discounted that much. Sounds like if the deal goes
through for his building he will still be in business, but just on a
much smaller scale.

yeah. i was looking at those. but at 45 mph (recommended speed).. that's a
6.6 hour drive home. zzzzzzzzzz
haha.

i'd probably pick this up in MD and drive it back to NJ, 1 way.

budget has a 10 foot truck for 187 from MD to NJ but the door is only 5'5"
tall and 6 foot inside.
the 16 foot truck is 199.. but HUGE.

i have a class 2 hitch on my suv but i don't have the wiring for trailer
lights done yet.
would be nice if there was somethign you could plug into your brake light
socket that powered it all.

i'm just concerned we rent a truck.. drive down there and it's a gamble as
to what's still there when we get there.. and what games exactly are the $65
ones and which are going to be 100+.

i really dont have the time or money to gamble but it seems like a good
opportunity to snag some decent looking machines.

still debating just renting a pickup for $65 and making a day trip out of it
if nobody else is willing to get some machines.

k.

"Chuk" <chuk@ourcade.com> wrote in message
> Do not get one of those. They are not tall enough. I'd recommend the
open
> trailer from Uhaul.
>
> Either this one for like $16 (I put 12 uprights on this one, be careful
with
> the weight distribution, it fishtailed like CRAZY on me over 50mph) :
> http://www.uhaul.com/guide/?equipment=trailer6x12open
>

> or this one for like $25 (I fit 6 ms pacs on this one, zero room to
spare):
> http://www.uhaul.com/guide/?equipment=trailer5x8open
>
> You don't need to worry about mileage on those either.
>
> "Keith in NJ" <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
> > right now we're looking into one of those medium uhaul walk ins.
> > but yeah.. it it's like a ram 1500 or something at enterprise.
> >
> > k.
> >

> > "Seth, pgh pa" <pajamma@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> You might want to check your measurements... I'm not sure what sort of
> >> truck you're getting, but if it's anything short of a full size, 4
> >> games is going to be a pain (tailgate down, risky strappage). Even with
> >> a full bed, you'll need to avoid some of the wider games (like that
> >> cool 4 player pong clone).
> >>
> >> Seth
> >> pgh, pa
> >>
> >> mame.us

Keith if its possible, Instant message me at Tyused on aol or email me
at Tyused@comcast.net. Im looking for a few things, and def could use
someone to talk to about arcades, which is something i know little
about!

I've made one trip to coinopwarehouse and have to say that I had a
pretty good experience and that Lloyd treated me well. I would
definitely suggest you check out the pics and give him a call or an
e-mail about what you want since some of the games I asked about in the
current pictures were gone, and he was pretty fast getting back to my
e-mail too. I doubt he would put prices on his web page since it seems
like things are more dynamic with him and if you take a bunch of games
he would probably be more willing to make a deal.

yeah. good to know this now before i waste 8 hours of my day for a $65 jamma
conversion.

in the original 200 games.. $65..post it said:
"Many are dedicated, and most are complete."

purposely vague or he's just a busy guy. i hear there will be updated photos
tonight.
would be cool if he put a little price next to each machine in photoshop or
something.
then, let people paypal him the money to hold the machine they wanted. if
they don't show. you lose the dough.

anyway, this seemed like a super deal (and i'm sure there's a bunch of good
deals there) but i'd be better of just waiting until the exact thing i want
comes around and pay a little more for it if i have to.

thanks for the info.

k.

"Doug Titus" <dmtitus02@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > i'm just concerned we rent a truck.. drive down there and it's a gamble
as
> > to what's still there when we get there.. and what games exactly are the
$65
> > ones and which are going to be 100+.
> >
> > i really dont have the time or money to gamble but it seems like a good
> > opportunity to snag some decent looking machines.
>

> I sent Lloyd an e-mail and from what I can see the $65 games will
> mostly be the jamma games and conversions. I don't think dedicated
> classics will be discounted that much. Sounds like if the deal goes
> through for his building he will still be in business, but just on a
> much smaller scale.

ok. sounds good.
we'll see how it goes after he posts new photos but at the end of the day i
really don't want to waste his time either.
i try to be mindful of that in my dealings as well.

> I've made one trip to coinopwarehouse and have to say that I had a
> pretty good experience and that Lloyd treated me well. I would
> definitely suggest you check out the pics and give him a call or an
> e-mail about what you want since some of the games I asked about in the
> current pictures were gone, and he was pretty fast getting back to my
> e-mail too. I doubt he would put prices on his web page since it seems
> like things are more dynamic with him and if you take a bunch of games
> he would probably be more willing to make a deal.

I brought a pacman from Llyod all it needed was a capkit and some 2114
ram.
I would treat all the mackines as non-working and then if it works you
will be pleseantly surprised

I just checked my purchased list and over the last few years I've
purchased 18 games from Lloyd. At least half (probably more) were
either working or quick fixes (fuses, power supplies, cap kits). Go
with reasonable expectations (I wouldn't expect a working classic in
good condition to be $65) and you'll likely come away with something
you need.

He's always been an honest and accommodating seller with me. If I
hadn't just been down a couple of weeks ago I'd be gassing up the van
for a trip.

--Dave

Can anyone that has purchased anything from Lloyd confirm if at least some
of what they got was working or close to working? I am thinking about
heading up there, but like other people here, don't want to waste either
Lloyde's or my time.

- Mike

>i am likely going to pay lloyd a visit this week or next.
> i'm renting a pickup truck for the 4 hr drive from 07737. (middletown nj)
>
> i figure i could fit 4 games in the back standing up side by side
> 2 front, 2 back
> or 3 laying at an angle across the bed... i think. i'm going to measure
> the
> bed.
>
> if anyone thinks they want me to bring something back for them.. let's
> talk.
> you can paypal me the money for the cabinet and i figure $50 for the
> pickup
> and delivery back to my place in 07737.. then you'd pick it up here. or if
> you're really close or only a couple miles off the route we can work
> something out.
>
> i might go as early as tomorrow or as late as next wednesday.. depending
> on
> the weather and the wife.
> noth potentially stormy. haha.
>
> i'll be bringing a big tarp to wrap the games in case it rains on the way
> back.
>
> let me know.

I wouldn't expect stuff to be working. Think of it more like a "warehouse
raid" and you won't be disapointed.

"Michael Roman" <michael.pacifico@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Can anyone that has purchased anything from Lloyd confirm if at least some
> of what they got was working or close to working? I am thinking about
> heading up there, but like other people here, don't want to waste either
> Lloyde's or my time.
>
> - Mike
>
> "Keith in NJ" <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
>>i am likely going to pay lloyd a visit this week or next.
>> i'm renting a pickup truck for the 4 hr drive from 07737. (middletown nj)
>>
>> i figure i could fit 4 games in the back standing up side by side
>> 2 front, 2 back
>> or 3 laying at an angle across the bed... i think. i'm going to measure
>> the
>> bed.
>>
>> if anyone thinks they want me to bring something back for them.. let's
>> talk.
>> you can paypal me the money for the cabinet and i figure $50 for the
>> pickup
>> and delivery back to my place in 07737.. then you'd pick it up here. or
>> if
>> you're really close or only a couple miles off the route we can work
>> something out.
>>
>> i might go as early as tomorrow or as late as next wednesday.. depending
>> on
>> the weather and the wife.
>> noth potentially stormy. haha.
>>
>> i'll be bringing a big tarp to wrap the games in case it rains on the way
>> back.
>>
>> let me know.

I bought a Time Pilot from Lloyd. All it needed was cleaned up and a cap kit
on the monitor. I redid the wiring, but I didn't have to.

Michael Roman <michael.pacifico@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Can anyone that has purchased anything from Lloyd confirm if at least some
> of what they got was working or close to working? I am thinking about
> heading up there, but like other people here, don't want to waste either
> Lloyde's or my time.
>
> - Mike
>
> "Keith in NJ" <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
> >i am likely going to pay lloyd a visit this week or next.
> > i'm renting a pickup truck for the 4 hr drive from 07737. (middletown
nj)

> > i figure i could fit 4 games in the back standing up side by side
> > 2 front, 2 back
> > or 3 laying at an angle across the bed... i think. i'm going to measure
> > the
> > bed.
> >
> > if anyone thinks they want me to bring something back for them.. let's
> > talk.
> > you can paypal me the money for the cabinet and i figure $50 for the
> > pickup
> > and delivery back to my place in 07737.. then you'd pick it up here. or
if
> > you're really close or only a couple miles off the route we can work
> > something out.
> >
> > i might go as early as tomorrow or as late as next wednesday.. depending
> > on
> > the weather and the wife.
> > noth potentially stormy. haha.
> >
> > i'll be bringing a big tarp to wrap the games in case it rains on the
way
> > back.
> >
> > let me know.

I picked up a Qbert from Lloyd last April, and it came to life with the
basic PS rebuild and a bridge rectifier.

Dave M wrote:

> I bought a Time Pilot from Lloyd. All it needed was cleaned up and a cap kit
> on the monitor. I redid the wiring, but I didn't have to.
>

> Michael Roman <michael.pacifico@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>>Can anyone that has purchased anything from Lloyd confirm if at least some
>>of what they got was working or close to working? I am thinking about
>>heading up there, but like other people here, don't want to waste either
>>Lloyde's or my time.
>>
>>- Mike
>>
>>"Keith in NJ" <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>i am likely going to pay lloyd a visit this week or next.
>>>i'm renting a pickup truck for the 4 hr drive from 07737. (middletown
>
> nj)
>
>>>i figure i could fit 4 games in the back standing up side by side
>>>2 front, 2 back
>>>or 3 laying at an angle across the bed... i think. i'm going to measure
>>>the
>>>bed.
>>>
>>>if anyone thinks they want me to bring something back for them.. let's
>>>talk.
>>>you can paypal me the money for the cabinet and i figure $50 for the
>>>pickup
>>>and delivery back to my place in 07737.. then you'd pick it up here. or
>
> if
>
>>>you're really close or only a couple miles off the route we can work
>>>something out.
>>>
>>>i might go as early as tomorrow or as late as next wednesday.. depending
>>>on
>>>the weather and the wife.
>>>noth potentially stormy. haha.
>>>
>>>i'll be bringing a big tarp to wrap the games in case it rains on the
>
> way
>
>>>back.
>>>
>>>let me know.

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Arcadeforever wrote:
> I bought 2 DKJR PCBs from him that he said "should" work for a very good
> price and they both worked great!
>
> --
> AF
>

> "Michael Roman" <michael.pacifico@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Can anyone that has purchased anything from Lloyd confirm if at least some
> > of what they got was working or close to working? I am thinking about
> > heading up there, but like other people here, don't want to waste either
> > Lloyde's or my time.

I bought a Killer Instinct 2 in a dedicated cab that was in terrific
shape and worked all the way with the exception of one button needing
to be replaced. Of course it wasn't $65, but the price of $400 seemed
reasonable. I would definitely call him or e-mail him with specific
inquiries though, as a few of the games I wanted were already spoken
for when I arrived.

I bought 2 DKJR PCBs from him that he said "should" work for a very good
price and they both worked great!

--
AF

"Michael Roman" <michael.pacifico@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Can anyone that has purchased anything from Lloyd confirm if at least some
> of what they got was working or close to working? I am thinking about
> heading up there, but like other people here, don't want to waste either
> Lloyde's or my time.
>
> - Mike
>
> "Keith in NJ" <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
> >i am likely going to pay lloyd a visit this week or next.
> > i'm renting a pickup truck for the 4 hr drive from 07737. (middletown
nj)

> > i figure i could fit 4 games in the back standing up side by side
> > 2 front, 2 back
> > or 3 laying at an angle across the bed... i think. i'm going to measure
> > the
> > bed.
> >
> > if anyone thinks they want me to bring something back for them.. let's
> > talk.
> > you can paypal me the money for the cabinet and i figure $50 for the
> > pickup
> > and delivery back to my place in 07737.. then you'd pick it up here. or
if
> > you're really close or only a couple miles off the route we can work
> > something out.
> >
> > i might go as early as tomorrow or as late as next wednesday.. depending
> > on
> > the weather and the wife.
> > noth potentially stormy. haha.
> >
> > i'll be bringing a big tarp to wrap the games in case it rains on the
way
> > back.
> >
> > let me know.

First off, Lloyd's prices vary by his mood. On the phone they are one
thing, when you're there with cash they are almost always lower.(unless
you're being a d!ck to him) He's great to deal with and will wheel
and deal based on the completeness of the machines or stock levels. If
you help him out by taking games he thinks he may not sell, he'll be
more likely to offer you 2 for 1 type deals.(heck you could probably
get all 5 pole positions cheap if you'd take 5 - of course none work.
;-)

As for working condition, it's a mixed bag. Most things need
something, otherwise they never would have gone into an ops warehouse
to be bought by him. That being said, the last thing I bought was a
Rowe coin changer for my gameroom tokens. Again, 1 price on the phone,
$50 less when I was there. The machine was locked with no way to tell
if it worked. Got it home, picked the lock, turned it on and it works
beautifully.

It's only about an hour drive for me so it's fun for the nostalgia and
to see the machines even if I don't find anything I want.

Jim

Chuk wrote:
> I wouldn't expect stuff to be working. Think of it more like a "warehouse
> raid" and you won't be disapointed.
>
> "Michael Roman" <michael.pacifico@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Can anyone that has purchased anything from Lloyd confirm if at least some
> > of what they got was working or close to working? I am thinking about
> > heading up there, but like other people here, don't want to waste either
> > Lloyde's or my time.
> >
> > - Mike
> >
> > "Keith in NJ" <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
> >>i am likely going to pay lloyd a visit this week or next.
> >> i'm renting a pickup truck for the 4 hr drive from 07737. (middletown nj)
> >>
> >> i figure i could fit 4 games in the back standing up side by side
> >> 2 front, 2 back
> >> or 3 laying at an angle across the bed... i think. i'm going to measure
> >> the
> >> bed.
> >>
> >> if anyone thinks they want me to bring something back for them.. let's
> >> talk.
> >> you can paypal me the money for the cabinet and i figure $50 for the
> >> pickup
> >> and delivery back to my place in 07737.. then you'd pick it up here. or
> >> if
> >> you're really close or only a couple miles off the route we can work
> >> something out.
> >>
> >> i might go as early as tomorrow or as late as next wednesday.. depending
> >> on
> >> the weather and the wife.
> >> noth potentially stormy. haha.
> >>
> >> i'll be bringing a big tarp to wrap the games in case it rains on the way
> >> back.
> >>
> >> let me know.

If I was only four hours away I would think twice about it
I love to see his warhouse in person.
But Im half a world away in New Zealand
Ive been dealing with llyod and he is a great guy!!!

I mean I wouldn't think twice about it.
All those games. I would love to go just to have a look.

i'm really torn about going.
it IS a 4 hour drive each way for me.
if i go on a day when my kid's in daycare I can fit 1 game in my suv. if i
rent a pickup i can fit maybe 2-3 games... (though i really only need 2.. a
dedicated universal cabinet and an enduro racer .. and only need that for
the complete CP).

part of the lure was just going to salivate over all those games. if he was
in PA i'd probably have already made 2-3 trips by now. haha.

i need to finish these 3 projects in my garage and then think about getting
somethign new unless it falls in my lap.

k..

<arcade@wizmail.net> wrote in message
> First off, Lloyd's prices vary by his mood. On the phone they are one
> thing, when you're there with cash they are almost always lower.(unless
> you're being a d!ck to him) He's great to deal with and will wheel
> and deal based on the completeness of the machines or stock levels. If
> you help him out by taking games he thinks he may not sell, he'll be
> more likely to offer you 2 for 1 type deals.(heck you could probably
> get all 5 pole positions cheap if you'd take 5 - of course none work.
> ;-)
>
> As for working condition, it's a mixed bag. Most things need
> something, otherwise they never would have gone into an ops warehouse
> to be bought by him. That being said, the last thing I bought was a
> Rowe coin changer for my gameroom tokens. Again, 1 price on the phone,
> $50 less when I was there. The machine was locked with no way to tell
> if it worked. Got it home, picked the lock, turned it on and it works
> beautifully.
>
> It's only about an hour drive for me so it's fun for the nostalgia and
> to see the machines even if I don't find anything I want.
>
> Jim
>
> Chuk wrote:
> > I wouldn't expect stuff to be working. Think of it more like a
"warehouse
> > raid" and you won't be disapointed.
> >
> > "Michael Roman" <michael.pacifico@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > Can anyone that has purchased anything from Lloyd confirm if at least
some
> > > of what they got was working or close to working? I am thinking about
> > > heading up there, but like other people here, don't want to waste
either
> > > Lloyde's or my time.
> > >
> > > - Mike
> > >
> > > "Keith in NJ" <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message

let's
or

depending

Lloyd is a good guy.
I bought close to ten games from him over the past year and only 1
"Battlezone"
was a bust (still can't get that bastard going)
all others were quick fixes. it is indeed worth the 4 hour drive from
NJ.
Hope to go once more before he is cleaned out. if anyone wants to hop
in w/me from NJ drop me an email richie at punchrecords dot net.