WinXP - Cannot open "Add/Remove Programs"

Hi

I am a fairly computer-savvy person and have kept my computer spyware
and virus free throughout (Have Spybot S&D, Adaware Pro, McAfee
Anti-virus up-to-date etc.)

I just encountered this error while opening the "Add/Remove Programs"
icon in the Control Panel :
Window title - Parser Message
Message - Value creation failed " at line 521

My config.:
Windows XP Service Pack 2
AMD Athlon XP-M 2200+, 256 MB RAM, 30 GB HDD.

Any suggestions to rectify this would be appreciated gratefully :)

anithinks

--
anithinks
anithinks's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=13468

    Look here
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm
    File, "find on this page",, input "parser"

    --
    Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/
    "anithinks" <anithinks.1q38kp@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com> wrote in message

    > Hi
    >
    > I am a fairly computer-savvy person and have kept my computer spyware
    > and virus free throughout (Have Spybot S&D, Adaware Pro, McAfee
    > Anti-virus up-to-date etc.)
    >
    > I just encountered this error while opening the "Add/Remove Programs"
    > icon in the Control Panel :
    > Window title - Parser Message
    > Message - Value creation failed " at line 521
    >
    > My config.:
    > Windows XP Service Pack 2
    > AMD Athlon XP-M 2200+, 256 MB RAM, 30 GB HDD.
    >
    > Any suggestions to rectify this would be appreciated gratefully :)
    >
    > anithinks
    >

    > --
    > anithinks
    > anithinks's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=13468
    > View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=1819078271

    Thanks a lot, Mary. :)

    The link has an instance of the exact same problem encountered by
    somebody else, and its solution. I am going to do as suggested there.

    Thanks again for your atention.

    --
    anithinks
    anithinks's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=13468