WinXP - Cannot open "Add/Remove Programs"

Hi

I am a fairly computer-savvy person and have kept my computer spyware
and virus free throughout (Have Spybot S&D, Adaware Pro, McAfee
Anti-virus up-to-date etc.)

I just encountered this error while opening the "Add/Remove Programs"
icon in the Control Panel :
Window title - Parser Message
Message - Value creation failed " at line 521

My config.:
Windows XP Service Pack 2
AMD Athlon XP-M 2200+, 256 MB RAM, 30 GB HDD.

Any suggestions to rectify this would be appreciated gratefully :)

anithinks

--
anithinks
anithinks's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=13468

Look here
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm
File, "find on this page",, input "parser"

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"anithinks" <anithinks.1q38kp@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com> wrote in message

> Hi
>
> I am a fairly computer-savvy person and have kept my computer spyware
> and virus free throughout (Have Spybot S&D, Adaware Pro, McAfee
> Anti-virus up-to-date etc.)
>
> I just encountered this error while opening the "Add/Remove Programs"
> icon in the Control Panel :
> Window title - Parser Message
> Message - Value creation failed " at line 521
>
> My config.:
> Windows XP Service Pack 2
> AMD Athlon XP-M 2200+, 256 MB RAM, 30 GB HDD.
>
> Any suggestions to rectify this would be appreciated gratefully :)
>
> anithinks
>

> --
> anithinks
> anithinks's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=13468
> View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=1819078271

Thanks a lot, Mary. :)

The link has an instance of the exact same problem encountered by
somebody else, and its solution. I am going to do as suggested there.

Thanks again for your atention.